What to do :noidea: Chopper or Adventure :smirk:

What to do?

• Total voters
What to do :noidea: Chopper or Adventure :smirk:

Chopper.jpg

or

KTM990Adventure2010.jpg

well let's list the things you can do on each
cruise along the beach (or lake... or main drag; depends where you live) in style? BOTH
look like you have a lot of money? BOTH
beat every car off the line? BOTH
beat every bike off the line? closer on the KTM
ride to another state for the day? KTM
explore the dirt road you saw on google earth? KTM
keep going when it turns to singletrack? KTM
prevent herniated discs? KTM
ride around with whale-tailin tramp stampers? both... probably better on the chopper
do wicked wheelies? KTM
impress dentists and lawyers? chopper
polish a lot of chrome? chopper
become a pirate? chopper
I'm sure there are more... but I've made up my mind for you:prof:

1.Get the KTM and chop it. You'll have the only one around
.2. Get the chopper and add 12" of ground clearance and a set of knobbies and you'll have the only one around.

:thinking:Seems like no matter what, when the word chop or chopper appears in the same sentence with bike, it ruins it .

I just got home from Wilsons riding the two used KLRs they have. I wasnt sure what i wanted and now am sure that bike is it. Its bullet proof AND in my price range. Smooth and feels right to a dirt bike guy. The 690 KTM is just too much like a dirt bike and has the KTM HARD seat.

I've sat on those new KTM 2010 adventure bikes and i want one those things, they are nice.:thumb:There are a few people that ride them @ advenurerider.com i like reading there RR I would love to take a long trip down south theres been a few people i've talked to that ship there bikes across the first border and just keep on riding to the bottom of the earth. can't wait to do that some day. it would be kinda cool if we had a thread for adventure riders here. but i don't know if we have anyone who does that stuff at this site, maybe it would atract more people to post after all its kinda a dirtbike in a little way ok 1/10th of a way. but still it an idea:prof:

Neither, You should buy my R1 and hit the twisties with me...:smirk: And the price is cheaper then either one of those 2..

I've sat on those new KTM 2010 adventure bikes and i want one those things, they are nice.:thumb:There are a few people that ride them @ advenurerider.com i like reading there RR I would love to take a long trip down south theres been a few people i've talked to that ship there bikes across the first border and just keep on riding to the bottom of the earth. can't wait to do that some day. it would be kinda cool if we had a thread for adventure riders here. but i don't know if we have anyone who does that stuff at this site, maybe it would atract more people to post after all its kinda a dirtbike in a little way ok 1/10th of a way. but still it an idea:prof:

Well I rode a 690 and a 990 today. 200 miles total mostly pavement and a few dirt roads. So i guess the Chopper is ruled out.

Well I rode a 690 and a 990 today. 200 miles total mostly pavement and a few dirt roads. So i guess the Chopper is ruled out.

sounds like fun i've sat on one but never had the oppertunity to ride one, how was it. Ride Report?

choppers are cool and the ktm adventure is bad ass but none of them can beat the awesomeness of this bike

XR1500R3.jpg

XR1500R6.jpg

part cruiser/chopper part dirtbike! the best of both worlds!

:thumb:

well let's list the things you can do on each
cruise along the beach (or lake... or main drag; depends where you live) in style? BOTH
look like you have a lot of money? BOTH
beat every car off the line? BOTH
beat every bike off the line? closer on the KTM
ride to another state for the day? KTM
explore the dirt road you saw on google earth? KTM
keep going when it turns to singletrack? KTM
prevent herniated discs? KTM
ride around with whale-tailin tramp stampers? both... probably better on the chopper
do wicked wheelies? KTM
impress dentists and lawyers? chopper
polish a lot of chrome? chopper
become a pirate? chopper
I'm sure there are more... but I've made up my mind for you:prof:
Chopper: AKA Butt jewlery:moon: