what the future has in store...

ok cool... my forks are leaking too, i need the seals but i see "fork seels" and "fork dust seals" and then bushings too... do i need all of the above?

Couldnt tell yeah chap..... Have to ask the pro's I would say if there leaking.. You will atleast need seals ...I have no clue about the bushins.. Never had any apart lol

ok cool... my forks are leaking too, i need the seals but i see "fork seels" and "fork dust seals" and then bushings too... do i need all of the above?

it depends on how worn out the bushings are. for just a standard seal job get the oil seals and dust seals. theres a wear indicator on the bushings that will tell you when to replace.

what happened with them? I ride a lot of sand so i was told to stay away from o ring and x ring chains

They both broke within a few months of being installed. Never had any chain break on me before other than those two.

In the sand run the ring type chain completely dry. No lube means no sand sticks to the chain. The inside of the chain is still lubricated with the grease that is on the inside of the rings. The sand still abrades the rubber rings, but not nearly as fast as if you have lube on there. Lube and sand are not a good combo.

They both broke within a few months of being installed. Never had any chain break on me before other than those two.

In the sand run the ring type chain completely dry. No lube means no sand sticks to the chain. The inside of the chain is still lubricated with the grease that is on the inside of the rings. The sand still abrades the rubber rings, but not nearly as fast as if you have lube on there. Lube and sand are not a good combo.

:thumb:...:ride:

:focus: Is it pretty much sold or sold? You have been talking about having it sold for awhile now, so what is the deal? If it is not sold, I'll give you 25 DBA stickers and 1 larger trailer door size CTR sticker for it.

what happened with them? I ride a lot of sand so i was told to stay away from o ring and x ring chains

Actually the X ring (O ring) chain does very well with the sand. Not only does the O rings help keep the chain lubricated longer than a standard chain. But it also helps keep all the grit from entering in between the link surfaces. Also Ive found that a O ring chain is quieter (less chain noise) than a standard chain. But again like most things is boils down to can you afford it and or personal preference. I only run O ring chains. The one I have on my bike currently is a year old. Only had to adjust it 2 times.

If your going to replace the fork seals and wipers I would replace the bushings too. That way you know its done. Also go with a quality name brand for your seals and wipers. I personally like Race tech stuff. I will NEVER use Moose racing fork seals again. After having 2 consecutive sets fail with in a month. So stay away from fork seals and wipers that are red in color. Its just me I guess. Im a firm believer in the saying you get what you pay for.

:focus: Is it pretty much sold or sold? You have been talking about having it sold for awhile now, so what is the deal? If it is not sold, I'll give you 25 DBA stickers and 1 larger trailer door size CTR sticker for it.

yes the 07 was sold yesterday morning... the guy was hired by a dealership to come buy a bunch of bikes and take them down south to resale. he kept low balling me cause of wanting to put new plastics and what not on it so it'd be show room condition and i told him no cause i had people that didn't care about that crap wanting it for what i had it listed at.

ok so i've got on order (from eBay) fork seals, dust seals and a complete fork bushing set as well as a new air filter. I'm going back and forth on if i wanna deal with taking it all apart to powdercoat the frame and wheels but the frame needs it for sure.