what the future has in store...

Got the 07 pretty much sold so i did a photoshop on the 99 and made a parts list, hoping i get the trials tire off the bike my buddy just sold and powdercoat will cost about $300. Still need to figure out if she's going to need any motor work but this is what i've got so far
2rp68ie.jpg

Untitled-11.png

what do you guys think about the colors? i think it looks alright... any ideas to make it look awesome?

I think if i had your money i could burn mine :prof:
:smirk: yeah if you had my money a year ago you probably could have, now i've got to get rid of this debt! i'm only looking at a grand into the 99 the rest is bills and he's giving me 3k instead of the 2,600 i've been offered

If you want to save a few $ get a steel rear sprocket and a RK O-ring chain. I will not buy the Primary drive chains after two bad experiences. So far I'm good with the sprockets.

On an older bike like that I would go through all the bearings in the rear suspension and the steering stem bearings. Replace whatever needs it and reuse what does not.

If you want to save a few $ get a steel rear sprocket and a RK O-ring chain. I will not buy the Primary drive chains after two bad experiences. So far I'm good with the sprockets.

On an older bike like that I would go through all the bearings in the rear suspension and the steering stem bearings. Replace whatever needs it and reuse what does not.

How good are those SuperSprox? Aluminim "mount" with steel teeth

i know it's got new steering stem and wheel bearings (like 5 years old but only like 3 hours on them) the rear suspension i'll have to check out. it's getting stripped down for powdercoating so i'll be thorough.

:thumb: I'm running one and so far it has been great...

I thought so...........:thumb:...I was curious about where the aluminum and steel come together, how that is holding up! I've looked at them but not close enough to tell how they're put together. :thinking:

she runs! rode it around friday... the carb was DRY!!! the inside of the float bowl was all green and the washer on the accelerator pump was all rusted up. she's got gas in here now and not leaking though :banana: A guy's coming by in the morning to look at and hopefully buy the 07

what happened with them? I ride a lot of sand so i was told to stay away from o ring and x ring chains

People will say get a regular chain...or a oring chain.... I like either... If you dont clean the chain really well... And you just coat it with lube... I think the oring ones last longer... But if you actually take care of your chain like cleaning it.. and then lubeing it... Its a toss up...

I like the oring on my RM...I usually just get the primary drive cheap one though :prof: