2 Stroke What RM is this?

Broke the power valve adjustment, so I need a new one of those. Then I'm getting new head and cylinder nuts. Here's how she sits, looks good and for some reason makes me crave Creamsicles.

20150823_193557.jpg

20150823_193625.jpg

Hey everyone, I haven't been around much. I've had some life changing situations going on, and got into other things. I want this motor for reselling purposes or some "art" piece. I wish it had a frame, but I can't ride anymore! I found this for sale and I believe it's a 90's RM125 motor. Seller knows nothing about it and I'm curious what size it is before I buy it for a little tinker toy. Looks to me like the cylinder says 123, but RMs never came in 123cc right? I believe they are 124.8cc, then 250s were 246cc. It's hard to read so get your magnifying glass out! Thanks a bunch!
View attachment 27228
Hey everyone, I haven't been around much. I've had some life changing situations going on, and got into other things. I want this motor for reselling purposes or some "art" piece. I wish it had a frame, but I can't ride anymore! I found this for sale and I believe it's a 90's RM125 motor. Seller knows nothing about it and I'm curious what size it is before I buy it for a little tinker toy. Looks to me like the cylinder says 123, but RMs never came in 123cc right? I believe they are 124.8cc, then 250s were 246cc. It's hard to read so get your magnifying glass out! Thanks a bunch!
View attachment 27228
looks like an 86 rm125...thats when they came out with the blue motor and adjustable power valve spring

Update, is that even an RM motor? Where do the reeds go? It can't be a 4 stroke there's no spot for valves or a camshaft. I'm confused, any opinions are appreciated!
its an 86 rm12 and the valves are inside ...look at the i in suzuki...go directly up to that inlet thats the reed valve..its a different style of reed cage

looks like an 86 rm125...thats when they came out with the blue motor and adjustable power valve spring

I believe so too. Something about the build quality impressed me, the 93 RM250 I did never stood out like this one. The aluminum doesn't seem as strong as the 93 though, maybe it's because the 86 is mainly magnesium or they developed a better casting/forging process. Or maybe I just beat on it too hard:noidea::noidea:

Update, is that even an RM motor? Where do the reeds go? It can't be a 4 stroke there's no spot for valves or a camshaft. I'm confused, any opinions are appreciated!
its an 86 rm12 and the reeds go directly up when looking at the "suzuki" the i...go straight up that inlet feeds the reeds which are bolted to the base of the cylinder. you have to take cylinder off to get to them. theres only on 2 petal reed...its a 2 stroke with power valve which is a rotor with a rectangular cut out...thats a spring dial on side...123cc is what they used to have ...till the 90s