Votes: 7 50.0%
  • 40:1

Votes: 3 21.4%
  • 50:1

Votes: 1 7.1%
  • Other

Votes: 3 21.4%

• Total voters
Okay guys you know I bought the 04 KTM65sx now I need to know what to mix ratio? Its a young kid running the bike and is new two it so I doubt he will be wrapping it out. So shoot me what you think we should run for a ratio and why?

Okay guys you know I bought the 04 KTM65sx now I need to know what to mix ratio? Its a young kid running the bike and is new two it so I doubt he will be wrapping it out. So shoot me what you think we should run for a ratio and why?

Follow the owners manual... I always mix at factory specs. If the owners manual calls for 32:1 then run that regardless of what the oil bottle says.

Follow the owners manual... I always mix at factory specs. If the owners manual calls for 32:1 then run that regardless of what the oil bottle says.

Always always always, do what the manual says. If you dont have one get one. Or contact your KTM dealer to find out what it is. Its been my experience that the small bore bikes typically use 50.1 ratio. But dont take that as fact. Get the corrected facts. Then you'll never be wrong.:prof:

Always always always, do what the manual says. If you dont have one get one. Or contact your KTM dealer to find out what it is. Its been my experience that the small bore bikes typically use 50.1 ratio. But dont take that as fact. Get the corrected facts. Then you'll never be wrong.:prof:

I picked up the CD manual so I will check it out. You know I was thinking. With the CD I could upload it on here. Maybe start a Library James?:thinking:

KTM manuals are notorious for erring on the side of caution, and even on the side of printed errors.
With that said, you will need to experiment. I like 40:1
You will probably need to rejet to cut down on splooge (unless the previous owner dialed it in) and get it spot on for altitude.
Also, those 65's pee more than they drink.......you'll see.

A 65 doesn't even start pulling until about 10,000 rpm. If the kid wants the bike to even move, he WILL be "rapping it out" as you put it. A 65 is "lugging" at a higher rpm than a 250T will even rev to.

I wouldn't run less than 32:1 in a 65 for a really slow rider. A fast kid on a 65 would be getting 20:1 if it were me.

Your mix ratio has absolutely NOTHING to do with spooge and plug fouling. If you have a spooge problem or foul plugs, barring any mechanical issues such as bad reeds, your jetting is wrong for the conditions. I can go mix up a batch of 18:1 for my KX250, and with five minutes of brass changes I will have a dry tail pipe and a perfect plug color.

KTM manuals are notorious for erring on the side of caution, and even on the side of printed errors.
With that said, you will need to experiment. I like 40:1
You will probably need to rejet to cut down on splooge (unless the previous owner dialed it in) and get it spot on for altitude.
Also, those 65's pee more than they drink.......you'll see.

Okay what do you mean by that? School me man!

i run big bikes 50:1 my 144 race bike 44:1 and my 85 i would run 50:1 and never had problems. never fried motors! on a 65 i would run 40:1 or 32:1 wouldnt go lower than that.