What is the best of both worlds?

should look for a 04 steel, or a 06 with SSS
What does SSS mean?
This is for sale in my area;
2003 Yamaha YZ450 - $1750
2003 YZ450.jpg
Put a desert tank and a light kit on it and go?
And will it rip through the gears like my 250?

And what about the 426's? There are a couple of them for sale too. One already has a desert tank.
WR's are nowhere nearby my area.

Found this too,
2004 Yamaha yz450f - $1700

Last edited:
WR trans in the YZ and the lighting kit to make it AZ legal, you got the 99-01, should look for a 04 steel, or a 06 with SSS and put the WR, & light kit on it.
TE is a race bike with a headlight, same as TC brother/sister bike.
XR400 or 650 in DS trim is a desert bike, not to great on track at all.
KLX650 is one step from 4 wheeled couch.
KTM, fag!!!

If you ever make it up here you're getting either yellow or orange, I'm inclined to put you on the katoom just to get the pics that will be out there forever.

If you ever make it up here you're getting either yellow or orange, I'm inclined to put you on the katoom just to get the pics that will be out there forever.
I knew that KTM remark would rattle your can.
What does SSS mean?
View attachment 30724

And what about the 426's? There are a couple of them for sale too. One already has a desert tank.

Found this too,
Get a WR, almost same bike but wide ratio gears and lights. SSS means Speed Sensitive Suspension. Started in 06 on Yamaha. I said 04 steel because that started the 48mm forks.

What does SSS mean?
View attachment 30724

Found this too,

If you don't like 5 speeds, I wonder how you will feel about a 4 speed?

If you don't like 5 speeds, I wonder how you will feel about a 4 speed?
I dont dislike 5-speeds. The YZ is a race bike, and even though I like it a lot, I feel like I have to always be in race mode when I ride it. Some days I just need another, more forgiving bike I guess.
I'll look into the WR. It seems like it's what I am looking for. From an quick scan earlier, there doesn't appear to be any available in my area, and the ones that are available are out of my price range right now. I think there is one in Vegas for 3500.
But it's all good, riding season is nearly over and I am now playing with street bikes.

What does SSS mean?
View attachment 30724

Found this too,
SSS is speed sensitive suspension, it was basically the best out of the box performing suspension to the date, I'd go as far as to say its better than a couple of the newer set ups. If you just want a power house to rip through the desert look for an efi KX450F

Well it is slower than what you have now, if both are in good tune. The parts interchangeability between that and the 426 isn't what you might think, the suspension is as outdated as what we are both riding, it is heavier too, and no e-button. Did it cover everything you are looking for?