What enduro/dual sport should i buy?

Hey guys!
I will be getting a dual sport/enduro soon after i take my licence and would like know and see what kind of bikes that you guys think are the best!
Im 5'10, 138 lbs! Not much weight, but im super strong. I have never ridden a motorcycle or anything with gears but that maybe doesnt matter much since i will learn how to when i take my license!?
My plan is to ride 50% road and 50% offroad!
Much love and my first post!:) //Patric

SRAD97750

Staff member
Not sure what's street legal in sweden, but any full size 2T or 4T under 251cc would be ideal for your body type.
For instance, I know the KDX200s and KTM200s were cheap and a real riot for around town and offroading. -BIG DAN:thumb:

Not sure what's street legal in sweden, but any full size 2T or 4T under 251cc would be ideal for your body type.
For instance, I know the KDX200s and KTM200s were cheap and a real riot for around town and offroading. -BIG DAN:thumb:

Heyyy man thx for ur reply!! Alright there is both 2 strokes and 4 strokes! Thx for recommending! Im more leaning towards 4 strokes. I looked into the Exc 350 and Wr250 today, would the 350 be to strong for me? // Patric :D

Heyyy man thx for ur reply!! Alright there is both 2 strokes and 4 strokes! Thx for recommending! Im more leaning towards 4 strokes. I looked into the Exc 350 and Wr250 today, would the 350 be to strong for me? // Patric :D
350 is a nice bike. Being new to the bike, gears, street, etc thing, the WR250 may be a better choice. You want something on the more mellower side, not too much torque to get you in trouble as you are learning the sport.

250 cc is plenty of bike for most people . Stick with a name brand , cheaper side and best overall are the Japanese brands ... I have all of them , Suz ,. Kaw , Hon , Yam . All good , parts are readily avalible , proven reliability . .......... Exotics are not as cheap , parts are expensive , hard to find .. Nothing wrong with a used bike , but shop around , and don't let the hype or others influence you . Make smart decisions .......

Don't need to worry about DS, make any bike you want a DS in AZ, they will give you a plate for a shopping trolly if it has a engine and VIN#.

Don't need to worry about DS, make any bike you want a DS in AZ, they will give you a plate for a shopping trolly if it has a engine and VIN#.
True that, I still getting use to seeing full race SxS pulling into the gas stations for fuel in the middle of town.

d
350 is a nice bike. Being new to the bike, gears, street, etc thing, the WR250 may be a better choice. You want something on the more mellower side, not too much torque to get you in trouble as you are learning the sport.

Hey! How would a Wr250 be on the road cruising at 65 mph speed? How is it compared to the Exc 250 and Husqvarna Fe 250? The Wr is a lot heavier then them right which i want to avoid :/ Do you have any experince with the Sherco 300 Sef-r? You said the 350 is a nice bike, is the 300 mellow and and wont give me much trouble you think? Thank you dude

250 cc is plenty of bike for most people . Stick with a name brand , cheaper side and best overall are the Japanese brands ... I have all of them , Suz ,. Kaw , Hon , Yam . All good , parts are readily avalible , proven reliability . .......... Exotics are not as cheap , parts are expensive , hard to find .. Nothing wrong with a used bike , but shop around , and don't let the hype or others influence you . Make smart decisions .......

Thx for the info! Ahh thats true, dont let others hype/influence.. How is a japanese 250 on he road? Can it cruise at 65 mph road without problems? I have my eyes towards Sherco's 300 4 stroke, you think thats a nice bike? :)

Thx for the info! Ahh thats true, dont let others hype/influence.. How is a japanese 250 on he road? Can it cruise at 65 mph road without problems? I have my eyes towards Sherco's 300 4 stroke, you think thats a nice bike? :)

Hey Patrick, I don't know that there's much of a Sherco market in the US!
Cool bikes though! :thumb: