What did you do to your bike today?

I’ve been thinking about an adventure bike. It’s a complete 180 from the Harley, but it would give me more ability to get off the pavement. I like touring, and I’ve been pushing the Harley’s limits on too many rough backroads and dirt roads. I don’t know which one I would buy, though.

I have my DR650 that I love but my ass really hurts after 50 or so miles of road. I was thief upgrading to a VStrom or even the bmw sport touring bike.

I finally found the spring guide and rebuilt the shock on the kids 125.
Now it wont hold pressure.
Threw it back on the bike to make it mobile and she is stiff as a board. Not sure what I effed up there...

Must be almost unlimited riding for you .... mostly un fenced area there ? Here is pretty fenced over , with no entry , trespassing signs ..... I'm lucky to have enough access to most anywhere I go .... our race track is connected to government levee property and lots of farmland . Grass farm is about the same , but is about a 45 min. Drive away ....

Must be almost unlimited riding for you .... mostly un fenced area there ? Here is pretty fenced over , with no entry , trespassing signs ..... I'm lucky to have enough access to most anywhere I go .... our race track is connected to government levee property and lots of farmland . Grass farm is about the same , but is about a 45 min. Drive away ....
View attachment 33507Some single track, lots of mountain riding. It can be as easy or challenging as you want it. Don’t ride track anymore, but do a few hare scrambles each year, but mostly riding/camping with my crew of riding buddies I’ve raised.View attachment 33507FC99510C-F734-46FC-84A0-4613E83B699B.jpeg

Last edited:
I’ve been thinking about one of these to carry extra gas. About all I do anymore is putt around and do exploring. I assume it mounts nice and secure and is out of the way while riding?
I wish I’ve done this years ago, it transferred the weight from my back to low on the bike, made the front lighter and the rear has more traction, mounting the bike is a little more effort, and the only time I seem to notice them is when I’m blitzing a whooped out section the bags will flap a little I’d say overall the bike handles better now though. And the bags do mount quickly.

I wish I’ve done this years ago, it transferred the weight from my back to low on the bike, made the front lighter and the rear has more traction, mounting the bike is a little more effort, and the only time I seem to notice them is when I’m blitzing a whooped out section the bags will flap a little I’d say overall the bike handles better now though. And the bags do mount quickly.
Right on! I need to get me some.

Filled up tank on Shadow , delivered race car data recorder to a customer , ran till I hit reserve , filled back up , rode back home . 275 mi.... Nice ride , got some sun , ......