What did you do to your bike today?

Yep. Brilliant track. insane in the rain with a foggy shield. Showers got heavier afternoon and shit started getting sketchy with 100+ hydroplanes and rear stepping out in turns. Still crazy fun, half blind and balls out!

I put a new rear brake master cylinder on today. Almost $250 from rmatv, a little more than I expected but it is a needed item. The old one took a pretty hard hit. One mounting tab broke and it looks like the other one almost did.

D40F3B2A-4794-4DF0-A945-31349159C696.jpeg

Yeah that bolt is bent isn't it?
Looks like that hole is a bit wallered too.
$250 seems a little pricey. Is it a KTM?

I haven't touched my dirtbike in months. Doing plenty of work to the Softail though.

Yeah that bolt is bent isn't it?
Looks like that hole is a bit wallered too.
$250 seems a little pricey. Is it a KTM?

I haven't touched my dirtbike in months. Doing plenty of work to the Softail though.
Yep, it’s a KTM.

I’m opposite of you. I’ve been spending my time on the dirt bike and the Roadking never see’s the light of day. I need to drag it out of the garage and start riding.

Try keeping up with 12 bikes , some sales bikes , mostly dirtbikes , only 4 streeters ..... Never ending fun ....

But profitable if you can find bikes ... hard to do in my area ... Well finding good bikes ....., I don't deal in junkers ..... best buy is 50 cc thru 125 cc starter bikes ..... That's where the money is ...

I’ve been spending my time on the dirt bike and the Roadking never see’s the light of day.
The Harley is much easier to ride after crashing the dirtbike. Since I'm healing up slow AF from mine a few months ago I've been on the street. It's nice to have both options. Up until a couple months ago I would spend every Saturday at the track and every Sunday on the street.
But a few weeks ago I took a good look at my tires on the Softail, and now she's on the stand with brand new tires, new heavy duty metallic brakes, got the fork seals on hand, and I'm being wishy-washy on the shocks.
I can get a set for $250.00, but then the next jump up are Progressives for $500.00, and then upwards... :thinking: :thinking: :thinking:

I’m not sure what daily maintenance is. My does need tires and brakes. I bought a new rear rotor because the one that’s on there now is bent. I’ve no idea how that happened, but it’s not the OEM one, that wore out long ago. The bike’s 21 years old and I keep meaning to change the cables, I’ve probably been running these for a decade. The real reason it’s been sitting is because it IS 21 years old. It’s like having a woman, who you still love, but the excitement has gone. I need a mistress. A new bike, something to re-ignite the fire. I’ve been giving it some thought, but not sure what I want. In the meantime, I need to get Old Betsy on the road and ride.

I’ve been thinking about an adventure bike. It’s a complete 180 from the Harley, but it would give me more ability to get off the pavement. I like touring, and I’ve been pushing the Harley’s limits on too many rough backroads and dirt roads. I don’t know which one I would buy, though.

Did'nt race this weekend , So , this was my project ,...... pulled out the hidden grinder , and wire feed welder and put in a place where it can be easily accessed , ...... made a little floor space for my new lathe ......

Attachments

• 20210407_195725.jpg
    20210407_195725.jpg
    400.5 KB · Views: 7
  • 20210407_195700.jpg
    20210407_195700.jpg
    444.6 KB · Views: 5