What did you do to your bike today?

James

Staff member
Okay, so get this. I come home today and take my bike for a couple laps and hit some jumps to break in the forks, about 3 jumps in, the one new seal spouts oil and the other fell off with the wiper and all the parts comming together. So I get mad and start on screaming like a crack head about everything, pull my forks, take them downstairs and go back to work. I wipe them up and rip both fork down again in 10 minutes still angry and screaming (race Sunday and I dropped from 3/43 to 4/43 missing last weekend). I Look at the seals and while both are unscathed, I notice something strange about them. So I pull out the yamaha factory manual and the all balls instructions and look carefully, all balls was using conventional forks and screwed me up telling me to put them in upside down :foul: So I flip the seals (just no fucks given at this point anymore) and put them back together with a little grease under the seals and wipers following yamaha instructions with some fresh 7wt. I throw the forks on the bike and go hit some more stuff, and they came out dry, clean and crisp. As a lesson to all, instructions truly are fuckery, do not follow them!
:thumb: You took the initiative and fixed it, I'd still probably be :rant:. :facepalm:

:thumb: You took the initiative and fixed it, I'd still probably be :rant:. :facepalm:
I had to make sure they weren't utterly fubard so I still could have time to order by Sunday! Lucky for me it all went smooth the second have, and I always buy 2 quarts of any fluid at a time, just in case. I have an extra 5wt from last time I did forks :thumb:

Gave her a good old looking over, removed some of the brake fluid to reduce my brake drag, inspected my rear suspension to fine out where the play is coming from. From what I can see and feel I guess it's coming from the link and the top mount for the shock.

that bike is so BETA... all the ALPHA bikes are Orange :smirk:

That is so cool aid it's sick. KTM has nothing to do with Alpha, just check the race sheets and shootouts, it is not KTM on the podium, and it will probably never be, just as Husqvarna, Beta, Huseberg, etc. etc. The Husky whent to China, the Beta used a KTM motor up to 2009, and a lot of parts enterchange. They are nice bikes but very exotic. That bike road real nice IMHO.

So, I help my oldest wash her bike, clean the filter, change the oil, and then we put new shoes on it, she was so happy she got her dog and had me take a picture of her two hobbies, riding Moto Bikes and training her dog. :lol:

That is so cool aid it's sick. KTM has nothing to do with Alpha, just check the race sheets and shootouts, it is not KTM on the podium, and it will probably never be, just as Husqvarna, Beta, Huseberg, etc. etc. The Husky whent to China, the Beta used a KTM motor up to 2009, and a lot of parts enterchange. They are nice bikes but very exotic. That bike road real nice IMHO.

So, I help my oldest wash her bike, clean the filter, change the oil, and then we put new shoes on it, she was so happy she got her dog and had me take a picture of her two hobbies, riding Moto Bikes and training her dog. :lol:

What podium do you speak of Ohhh Great Palmerson??? I know the Husaberg's been in the top 3 and for sure 5 for the last few seasons with their Enduro riders (Ferringer and Lafferty most recently on a 300 2t). KTM has pretty much locked up 1st in that category and now Kawasaki in the desert series..... As for the shootouts... in DB they seem to like KTM's a lot... they're in there at least 3 out of 4 issues for some reason or another. :thumb:

Finally decided to do some routine maintenance....

I did fork seals last spring but they started leaking about a month ago so I decided to do the bushing kit as well. Against my better judgement I am using the Pivotworks rebuild kit for the forks this time around and will give a review later as this bike seems to be very finicky when it comes to aftermarket seals and gaskets. I am also doing my steering stem bearings along with a new top end kit.
I learned with Suzuki that you do have to buy the special tool for knocking out the races instead of the old school screwdriver method...
I also found a little play in the wishbone bearings for the rear boinger so I will be looking at them as well..
teardown.jpg