What brand and series tyre are you guy's using.

Iv a half worn metz 6day extreme on the rear and was wondering if I could turn the tyre instead of cutting the knobs. . There's a rotation on these tyres but I can't see why. .Any ideas? ?

Iv a half worn metz 6day extreme on the rear and was wondering if I could turn the tyre instead of cutting the knobs. . There's a rotation on these tyres but I can't see why. .Any ideas? ?

The rotation is there because the tire performs better when running with it against the chord plies or because the actual cut of the tire may require that it runs one way.

What kind of tire pressures are you running? Funny but those rocks remind me of Moab Utah. Worn rear tires actually seen better. Maybe try a trials tire?

Last edited:
One other thought.....if you don't mind the last half of the tire going away in a couple rides, siping works phenomenally well, I've made a worn out tire perform like a brand new tire just by siping, but I only do that if I have the budget for a new tire or have one sitting in the wings but too lazy to change it yet, because you will chunk off all the knobs pretty rapidly.