What boots?

James

Staff member
I'm curious as to how you think any jersey is any different from the next, I've worn gear sets from about 7 different companies(including Fox), none of it being more protective than the last. They're really nothing more than a shirt with cool designs on it.
Actually there are some differences. My Shift Faction gear has padded elbows/arms, not sure how much good they do though (if anything only help against dirt burn/road rash). Plus those pants have more hard plastic/rubber protection areas in the pants compared to my Fly gear.

Actually there are some differences. My Shift Faction gear has padded elbows/arms, not sure how much good they do though (if anything only help against dirt burn/road rash). Plus those pants have more hard plastic/rubber protection areas in the pants compared to my Fly gear.
so does my axo rail, so did my Fox 180, actually every set of gear I've owned aside from Alloy and the cheapest set of MSR I could find has had the same features.

Main reason for wearing axo the last couple years is I'm sponsored by them but I like the looks of the Rail gear a lot, basic color ways and basic designs :ride: carry on, my rant is done

I have been wearing my Tech7's for several years now and they are still in perfect condition. They took some getting used to but they now are very comfortable and easy to get on and off. My son just got the same boots Yamadog is wearing in the picture and he likes those too. They seem a bit more flexible than others which may or may not be a good thing. Try some brands on and get what is comfy and good protection.

I'm curious as to how you think any jersey is any different from the next, I've worn gear sets from about 7 different companies(including Fox), none of it being more protective than the last. They're really nothing more than a shirt with cool designs on it.

Protection comes in the form of guards, boots, helmets, braces, pants and jerseys are all pretty much the same with the only real difference being quality, colors, and price
:thumb: ^ what i thought
I have been wearing my Tech7's for several years now and they are still in perfect condition. They took some getting used to but they now are very comfortable and easy to get on and off. My son just got the same boots Yamadog is wearing in the picture and he likes those too. They seem a bit more flexible than others which may or may not be a good thing. Try some brands on and get what is comfy and good protection.
F3s do flex but a lot of leather boots do too, but mine always provided superior protection

You should be getting about 2 yrs out of a boot max... after that the leather starts to pile in the ankles.... I've run alpinestars for the last few years but they seem to have gone down hill over the last few years quality wise unless you throw 5 bills at them...

I'm getting ready to pull the trigger on SG10's PSJBrock threw me a great price last year on them so I'll see.

Lets see.....

JYD 140 gate drops with 139 DNF's

530 wearing the same boots for several years

Xqt with the same boots for nearly 10 Years

You guys need to get out and ride more. I have had to replaced boots every 2 - 3 years. :prof:

10 years? 10 years!!! :shocked:

I usually get three years tops. I replace not because they are totally worn out, but because they start leaking water like a sieve. For the desert my current boots are OK, but they are not too good for fording streams.

As far boot selection goes they need to fit your feet like many other posters have already stated. I've tried just about every high end boot, but so far none of them fit my messed up feet. After several months of pain I would sell/give/trade them. The only ones that I can deal with are a few brands lower end boots so that's what I roll with.

Lets see.....

JYD 140 gate drops with 139 DNF's

530 wearing the same boots for several years

Xqt with the same boots for nearly 10 Years

You guys need to get out and ride more. I have had to replaced boots every 2 - 3 years. :prof:
Mine only last a year or 2 on a ~200-250 boot. All the water might play a big factor...

When I was participating in organized trail rides :smirk: I would replace my boots every 1.5 years no matter what. I went a little too long and I ended up breaking toes because the boots were like slippers. Now that I am just a non organized trail rider and not in the saddle as much, I can go a few years between boot purchases. Speaking of that, I am in the need to replace my current boots for new ones.

When I was participating in organized trail rides :smirk: I would replace my boots every 1.5 years no matter what. I went a little too long and I ended up breaking toes because the boots were like slippers. Now that I am just a non organized trail rider and not in the saddle as much, I can go a few years between boot purchases. Speaking of that, I am in the need to replace my current boots for new ones.

Maybe wait til April :devil: