What bike?

as I understand it, the XC W is set up suspension and gearing wise more for the tighter slower gnarly single track stuff, while the XC is set up for a more aggressive riding style, as what I like to do, as far as faster trails, some MX, and wide open out on the sand whoops out at the beach, and I've always liked my suspensions to be on the stiffer side, anyways. I havn't ridden a XC W but I had ridden the XC and the EXC and felt it (the EXC)was a little to soft in the suspension for me. And as far as the headlight, during riding season we've got ALOT of daylight here. Guess I just wanted the XC

Best explanation that I've ever heard.

:thumb:

Best explanation that I've ever heard.

:thumb:

The 300 is sweet....the low end is strong then it pulls hard but smoothly thru the midrange, and when you expect her to die off, it shows off its crisp snappy top end. All this in a chassis that seems much more nimble than it should, it doesn't carve thru the corners but it is very stable when cornering. Just a very easy bike to ride, basically point and shoot, best mud bike I've ridden.And the air filter, holy shit, it's so easy to service, I can have that thing out in 20 seconds.

The 300 is sweet....the low end is strong then it pulls hard but smoothly thru the midrange, and when you expect her to die off, it shows off its crisp snappy top end. All this in a chassis that seems much more nimble than it should, it doesn't carve thru the corners but it is very stable when cornering. Just a very easy bike to ride, basically point and shoot, best mud bike I've ridden.And the air filter, holy shit, it's so easy to service, I can have that thing out in 20 seconds.

My 250 doesn't pull as hard but it sure can carve through the technical single track.

as I understand it, the XC W is set up suspension and gearing wise more for the tighter slower gnarly single track stuff, while the XC is set up for a more aggressive riding style, as what I like to do, as far as faster trails, some MX, and wide open out on the sand whoops out at the beach, and I've always liked my suspensions to be on the stiffer side, anyways. I havn't ridden a XC W but I had ridden the XC and the EXC and felt it (the EXC)was a little to soft in the suspension for me. And as far as the headlight, during riding season we've got ALOT of daylight here. Guess I just wanted the XC

Have you ridden a trials bike yet?

Well coming over with some preconceived notions and a racers background, it was a little frustrating. I got rid if my last old school trials bikes about five years ago. The upside is that you can use them in Your backyard.

Last edited:
Well coming over with some preconceived notions and a racers background, it was a little frustrating. I got rid if my last d school trials bikes about five years ago. The upside is that you can use them in Your backyard.

It would be a play bike for sure.....be nice to just get out and see what I could get it to do, when I watch those trials guys during competition it's amazing what they can do. I don't see me buying one inside the next year or so, but I'm always interested.

I stand when I have too......I used to stand all the time until I started riding with the fastest sit down rider I know, took a while but after watching him, I feel pretty comfortable in the saddle, used to get pretty beat up at first, now I'm barely sore after a long ride.

I stand when I have too......I used to stand all the time until I started riding with the fastest sit down rider I know, took a while but after watching him, I feel pretty comfortable in the saddle, used to get pretty beat up at first, now I'm barely sore after a long ride.
Been saddle broke have ya:moon: