What bike?

Okay, so lets say I have 10 grand to blow on a stock bike. What bike would you pick up at the dealership? I'd prefer 2 strokes, but if you know a killer 4 stroke please post. My top pick right now is a YZ 250. Doesn't have to equal 10 grand, but no higher than 10gs. Also, bike has to be completely stock brand new out of the dealership.

Hard to go wrong with the YZ, it's a fun bike, and it's about as versatile as any 250 out there, however if I had 10 g's to spend, I'd buy the bike I bought last year, the KTM 300 XC.....simply because, it's an incredible trail/off road bike that really doesn't have any downside except for the e start battery, but it starts first kick anyways so it doesn't bother me much. It doesn't have explosive power, but does have very good power almost anywhere on the throttle,And orange has a great reputation as being one of the top off road bikes year in and out.

Okay, so lets say I have 10 grand to blow on a stock bike. What bike would you pick up at the dealership? I'd prefer 2 strokes, but if you know a killer 4 stroke please post. My top pick right now is a YZ 250. Doesn't have to equal 10 grand, but no higher than 10gs. Also, bike has to be completely stock brand new out of the dealership.

Buy a leftover yz for 6k and have 4k left over for gas, oil and tires.

Hard to go wrong with the YZ, it's a fun bike, and it's about as versatile as any 250 out there, however if I had 10 g's to spend, I'd buy the bike I bought last year, the KTM 300 XC.....simply because, it's an incredible trail/off road bike that really doesn't have any downside except for the e start battery, but it starts first kick anyways so it doesn't bother me much. It doesn't have explosive power, but does have very good power almost anywhere on the throttle,And orange has a great reputation as being one of the top off road bikes year in and out.

Why did you with the XC and not the XC-W?

Why did you with the XC and not the XC-W?

as I understand it, the XC W is set up suspension and gearing wise more for the tighter slower gnarly single track stuff, while the XC is set up for a more aggressive riding style, as what I like to do, as far as faster trails, some MX, and wide open out on the sand whoops out at the beach, and I've always liked my suspensions to be on the stiffer side, anyways. I havn't ridden a XC W but I had ridden the XC and the EXC and felt it (the EXC)was a little to soft in the suspension for me. And as far as the headlight, during riding season we've got ALOT of daylight here. Guess I just wanted the XC