what bike should i get?

I don't own one, but if the price was right I wouldn't shy away from it. Hey, it's not a KTM so it's a good bike. As far as parts in your area, if there is a dealer, than there are parts. More of a nitch bike if no support.

I don't own one, but if the price was right I wouldn't shy away from it. Hey, it's not a KTM so it's a good bike. As far as parts in your area, if there is a dealer, than there are parts. More of a nitch bike if no support.

nitch??? ya parts could be an issue but then again parts is always an issue..good old ebay would be my dealer...i was parked beside a lad with a 2012 ktm 125 2 stroke last weekend at the h&h ..and i met him out on the track again after 2 laps he had stalled going through so big ruts and couldn't start the bike agin he was there for a good few laps the bike had flooded i think..i just found it funny a bike that size and year and he couldn't get it running.. u could hang my bike upsidedown and shed still start ..

nitch??? ya parts could be an issue but then again parts is always an issue..good old ebay would be my dealer...i was parked beside a lad with a 2012 ktm 125 2 stroke last weekend at the h&h ..and i met him out on the track again after 2 laps he had stalled going through so big ruts and couldn't start the bike agin he was there for a good few laps the bike had flooded i think..i just found it funny a bike that size and year and he couldn't get it running.. u could hang my bike upsidedown and shed still start ..
Could have been the rider not knowing how to start the bike :noidea: but when I dump mine over a hill and it sits long on the side there is a special way I have to start it.

Could have been the rider not knowing how to start the bike :noidea: but when I dump mine over a hill and it sits long on the side there is a special way I have to start it.
that's true it was his first event on that bike..
elaborate please..bike and technique

Me, I just lean the bike over and give WOT and once fuel start pour back out, I stand the bike back up keeping the throttle WO and kick it once or twice and it fires right back up. keep the throttle WO until it starts to clear out then just feather the throttle until it cleans up.

I still have to learn the boys RM250Z, that things dies out there and it is a complete bitch to start. It is a 4stroke and we only have had it out once so still have a learning curve on it.

Me, I just lean the bike over and give WOT and once fuel start pour back out, I stand the bike back up keeping the throttle WO and kick it once or twice and it fires right back up. keep the throttle WO until it starts to clear out then just feather the throttle until it cleans up.

I still have to learn the boys RM250Z, that things dies out there and it is a complete bitch to start. It is a 4stroke and we only have had it out once so still have a learning curve on it.
On my bike, 2 whacks to full throttle, then kick with no throttle given.

Nitch, (maybe the wrong word) something there are not a bunch of. My SM610 I had guys kept thinking is was as plane as a DRZ Suzuki SM when I sold it, WRONG! Husqvarna didn't make a bunch that sold in the states. Although the bike was very interchangeable with the dirt version TE, it was original and not conversion and therefore a rarity. With ebay it's a gamble, most of the time its a good score but not always. That kid on the KTM just didn't know a 2T needs to be cleared before it will start. Although I have not had to clear mine from a wipe out I have had to start my boys bikes after their wipe out. Pretty much the same, hold the bike WOT and kick it over till she fires and feather her back to crispness. Oh, and my boys are always trying to do it in gear, neutral is your pal...

If that RMZ is hard to start check the valves, run them on the looser side of the tolerance. Just a thought, thats what I do on my Husky and it likes it better, Exhaust spec is b/t 0.006-0.008, I run them at 0.008. intake is 0.004-0.006, I run them at 0.006. They tighten as they wear, Also run leaded Sunoco 112 Premium for a little led lapping. But hey, it's what "I" do, you can do what "you" want with "your" bikes.

Last edited: