what bike should i get?

iv decided to sell my kx 125 i feel its a waste of time putting anymore money into a bike that old.. anyhow im looking for your imput in what to buy? i want to stay with 2 stroke and soon enough i want to enter a few h&h events and i still want to be able to take it to the cross track and to my own spots up the hills..im 26 a beginner only be ridding a few months 6 ft tall nearly 12 stone..i don't want to spend too big.. i was thinking around 07/08 yz 250 .. but i fell like if i got a yz id wish i got a ktm..what do ye think???

YZ is an excellent bike,,,the KTM is too. Ktm makes off road versions as well as a SX model so you have to decide what you want to do with the bike. Even if you were to start to race, either bike would be good in the begginer classes for almost any racing. What dealers or parts you can get in your area may be your first concern. For me the KTM is more the bike for me in the off road versions.

you can't go wrong with any of the big five brands, Kawi, Yammi, Zook, Honda or KTM. Only two are being made now a days in the 2stroke Yammi and KTM. I would say if your riding and racing enduro, then go with the only one being made just for that. KTM ex model. Not that any of the others can't be made to be enduro but why would one buy a bike only to have to change its characteristics when one is already made for what your looking to do with it. :thumb:

you can't go wrong with any of the big five brands, Kawi, Yammi, Zook, Honda or KTM. Only two are being made now a days in the 2stroke Yammi and KTM. I would say if your riding and racing enduro, then go with the only one being made just for that. KTM ex model. Not that any of the others can't be made to be enduro but why would one buy a bike only to have to change its characteristics when one is already made for what your looking to do with it. :thumb:

what cc would u go for..ex?

lol there allowing me do a h&h this weekend on my 19 year old kx..first one ever or ever trying anything like this can't wait :D pics will be posted :eek: ..pity i didn't get my go pro:(

A 2011 Husaberg FE570... immaculate condition except for a layer of dust. :thumb:... so mellow even a vet could ride it!!! Should he ever choose to..... :smirk:

green sticker????

It's a California registration thing. CA has strict emission laws and dirt bikes get one of two types of registrations to ride on public land. Green sticker is for all trail bikes that pass emission standards (ex. TTR230, WR450, CRF250x, 350xcw etc.) Pretty much all factory trail oriented trail bikes. Green sticker bikes are allowed to be ridden on public trails year round while red sticker bikes can only be ridden 6 months of the year. Red sticker bikes are ones that do no pass emission standards. Mainly motocross bikes (All yz450f, SXF bikes, KX450's etc.) and all 2003 and newer 2 strokes.

Wrong on the years being the same @johnrunner 2002-2014 same plastics, 2001-2002 slight change on motor, 2002-2004 steel frame, 2005-2014 aluminum frame (4lbs lighter), 2003-2004 same forks, 2005- 2006 same forks/moved to fatty bars, 2008-2014 all suspenders change for the better.
I might be off on something but not by much.
Yes, 2002 and earlier all 2T are green sticker for CA. Other states don't have the BS CA has. My 2002 YZ has all the equipment and a "street" plate for dual sport in AZ.

What year was the last of the green sticker 2 strokes?

2002 and older were the last year for green stickered 2 strokes. But YZ's have had the same engine since 99'. So as long as some can get a 99'-02' your set.

Wrong on the years being the same @johnrunner 2002-2014 same plastics, 2001-2002 slight change on motor, 2002-2004 steel frame, 2005-2014 aluminum frame (4lbs lighter), 2003-2004 same forks, 2005- 2006 same forks/moved to fatty bars, 2008-2014 all suspenders change for the better.
I might be off on something but not by much.
Yes, 2002 and earlier all 2T are green sticker for CA. Other states don't have the BS CA has. My 2002 YZ has all the equipment and a "street" plate for dual sport in AZ.
who cares, YZ's suck!! RM 300 is where it's at :poke: :stirthepot:

:smirk: