what bike should i get?

If that RMZ is hard to start check the valves, run them on the looser side of the tolerance. Just a thought, thats what I do on my Husky and it likes it better, Exhaust spec is b/t 0.006-0.008, I run them at 0.008. intake is 0.004-0.006, I run them at 0.006. They tighten as they wear, Also run leaded Sunoco 112 Premium for a little led lapping. But hey, it's what "I" do, you can do what "you" want with "your" bikes.

I was told the bike just had a rebuild last summer and the valves where just put in spec before they put it up for sale. They had several bikes and a private track etc etc bla, bla bla but I had no reason not to believe them since they said they don't work on their bikes they let the shop do all of their maintenance, cough cough @Rack all of their bikes look to very well kept and this bike was completely spotless. It was just a spare bike not needed anymore hence the sale. They had more money than they knew what to do with, which is why I thought they weren't lying about the shop and why I thought of @Rack again :lol: anyway it may be the fact that it was all BS but again I only had it out once. It will fire up first or second kick cold and runs like a scalded dog just don't kill it. I pop start it right back up just kicking it is a mofo.

I was told the bike just had a rebuild last summer and the valves where just put in spec before they put it up for sale. They had several bikes and a private track etc etc bla, bla bla but I had no reason not to believe them since they said they don't work on their bikes they let the shop do all of their maintenance, cough cough @Rack all of their bikes look to very well kept and this bike was completely spotless. It was just a spare bike not needed anymore hence the sale. They had more money than they knew what to do with, which is why I thought they weren't lying about the shop and why I thought of @Rack again :lol: anyway it may be the fact that it was all BS but again I only had it out once. It will fire up first or second kick cold and runs like a scalded dog just don't kill it. I pop start it right back up just kicking it is a mofo.
My bike was one of those practice bikes just taking up space, wonder where the reciepts are.............

My bike was one of those practice bikes just taking up space, wonder where the reciepts are.............
I don't know, I didn't ask. I know :picard: but there were 6 bikes in the room all but one were RMZ's and only three riders to ride them all and only two 250's, this bike was one them and the oldest bike being a 2008. the other 250 was 2010. the other 450's were 2013's and only one was a yz450 poop. Did I mention they kept them all in the basement all lined up like a show room in a monster log cabin sitting on 230 acres with a private track. Just didn't see any reason why they would lie about it.

I don't know, I didn't ask. I know :picard: but there were 6 bikes in the room all but one were RMZ's and only three riders to ride them all and only two 250's, this bike was one them and the oldest bike being a 2008. the other 250 was 2010. the other 450's were 2013's and only one was a yz450 poop. Did I mention they kept them all in the basement all lined up like a show room in a monster log cabin sitting on 230 acres with a private track. Just didn't see any reason why they would lie about it.
It still couldn't hurt to check them, sounds like a good experience for Short shift and his new ride :thumb:

I can see it now!
That was the other bike they kept up to date with. And you never asked for records? I am ashamed of you Jaxi, :naughty::naughty::naughty:
No have short shift pop that valve cover and get to feeling.

Not a CR500? What happened to the push? :picard:

We all know its a YZ250! :thumb:

2 stroke of course!! from what iv seen and heard lately i don't think im ever going to go 4stroke ill stay 2stroke.. easier to start and work on and that's just 1 or 2 reasons.. what are the pros to having a 4stroke other the having a right leg like the hulk from kicking the thing!! :rolleyes::rolleyes: im 2 stroke all the way and never going to convert :cool:

2 stroke of course!! from what iv seen and heard lately i don't think im ever going to go 4stroke ill stay 2stroke.. easier to start and work on and that's just 1 or 2 reasons.. what are the pros to having a 4stroke other the having a right leg like the hulk from kicking the thing!! :rolleyes::rolleyes: im 2 stroke all the way and never going to convert :cool:
Its all preference not much advantages/disadvantages between the two. I am a 2stroke fan all the way. I am not overly impressed with the 4stroke. I do like the bark off the bottom end of the 4 banger but a nicely tuned 2stroke 250 just gives me woooooddd!!

Never say never, with the magic button on new 2T bikes it's a toss up. But a 4T gets better mileage for long exploration rides. That was my reason, but both do a great job for intended rides.
Its all preference not much advantages/disadvantages between the two. I am a 2stroke fan all the way. I am not overly impressed with the 4stroke. I do like the bark off the bottom end of the 4 banger but a nicely tuned 2stroke 250 just gives me woooooddd!!
Hahaha, shit! The wind across my inner thigh when riding gives me woooood!

nitch??? ya parts could be an issue but then again parts is always an issue..good old ebay would be my dealer...i was parked beside a lad with a 2012 ktm 125 2 stroke last weekend at the h&h ..and i met him out on the track again after 2 laps he had stalled going through so big ruts and couldn't start the bike agin he was there for a good few laps the bike had flooded i think..i just found it funny a bike that size and year and he couldn't get it running.. u could hang my bike upsidedown and shed still start ..

You might want to cruise Ebay and see what is available for a gas gas besides streamers for the grips and crashbars from jc whitney.

gas gas parts shouldn't be a problem i was talking to a friend that has one and he gets all his parts from the mail gas gas dealer in the UK and that dealer recommended another secondary dealer that had even more gas gas stock..

ok lots of parts where you are. price, interchangeability etc. there is a reason there are not more of them out there, but take you best information and move forward with it. the big 5 where I am just have so much more in the aftermarket, used market, and support lanes that they are far preferable to me as a primary ride.