Weird weekend - bad start leads to all kinds of issues!

tp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yeG9nqASusg&feature=g-upl
Don't know if this will work or not. Monkey-Boy is 1 of the three guys on the inside going into the first corner (777). he gets hit from the inside and it starts a chain reaction. He is wearing yellow and red gear with the white chest protector - he is the one that could not get up. On the Go-Pro vid, he is the kid next to the vid with "Braap.ca" on his fender. Everyone was pissed at the kid that took them out. Lots of damage to the bikes.

That sucks, i hate start crashes. Ray just got tangled up in one last week but i pussyed-out on the start so im ok :smirk:. But i hope he's ok, that was a bad one.

That sucks, i hate start crashes. Ray just got tangled up in one last week but i pussyed-out on the start so im ok :smirk:. But i hope he's ok, that was a bad one.
Here I am :prof: I lived, then won :lol: Holeshot wrecks get really dangerous with all the bikes coming, but sometimes you have to just go for it anyhow. Hope he is alright, shit happens :thumb:

James

Staff member
Ouch, he was in about the worse spot you could be in. :( Any injuries? Damage to the bike?

BTW good job on posting that video, your skills are improving. :hail: :smirk:

Oh damn! Hope he is ok... As far as being mad at the the kid who started the crash, not cool... being upset that he had crashed and took out the rest of the pack thats understandable.

On a side note that looks like great soil for "moto" :thumb:
Mike - I know you dont know me from Adam but, I am one of those dads that preaches sportsmanship - if Monkey-boy did that in a race I can tell you, that would be his last one. That kid that caused the crash does it all the time so please don't preach to me about what is cool or not. Between my son's bike and the other kids bikes, I'm gonna say there was about 5 large worth of damage. When your son is racing a 10 thousand dollar bike and the same kid keeps taking your son out, I will be happy to tell you, "it's not cool to be pissed". And just so you know, I did not say a word to the kid or his dad but, I can tell you, some of the other kids and their Dads did. Sorry if this post is coming off a little negative but, you telling me it was not cool pissed me off.

Personally, I don't care what you think about starts. It's racing! And you have to be tough and aggressive. Shit happens! Deal with it! If you come out on top, you are the victor! That's the way it works!

Mike - I know you dont know me from Adam but, I am one of those dads that preaches sportsmanship - if Monkey-boy did that in a race I can tell you, that would be his last one. That kid that caused the crash does it all the time so please don't preach to me about what is cool or not. Between my son's bike and the other kids bikes, I'm gonna say there was about 5 large worth of damage. When your son is racing a 10 thousand dollar bike and the same kid keeps taking your son out, I will be happy to tell you, "it's not cool to be pissed". And just so you know, I did not say a word to the kid or his dad but, I can tell you, some of the other kids and their Dads did. Sorry if this post is coming off a little negative but, you telling me it was not cool pissed me off.

Oh so this is an Oncurring thing?... I didnt know that.
Wasnt preaching at you Nedge, so please dont take it personally. 5K is alot of squish to throw out because of someone else and I understand that aspect.... You are a good sport Nedge and I'll remove my previous post as not to rile you any more.

Wowie! That looked painful:shocked:

Racing is as stressful as it is fun. I can only imagine what it is like to be a Dad or Mom and watching your kids out there. I'd be holding my breath and going crazy when I cant see them.

That was a nasty pile up. I hope Monkey Boy is doing better. I keep thinking of "Sabu" when I see "Monkey Boy."

Hopefully that punk ass kid has learned a lesson.

Good to see you post a video Nedge.:thumb:

Wowie! That looked painful:shocked:

Racing is as stressful as it is fun. I can only imagine what it is like to be a Dad or Mom and watching your kids out there. I'd be holding my breath and going crazy when I cant see them.

That was a nasty pile up. I hope Monkey Boy is doing better. I keep thinking of "Sabu" when I see "Monkey Boy."

Hopefully that punk ass kid has learned a lesson.

Good to see you post a video Nedge.:thumb:
Thanks Sun - as a matter of fact, the same kid that caused that pile up took the only girl out last weekend (she is really fast - in fact she is in that other vid of the fallen rider - Jamie) and she broke her Pelvic bone. I know M33 gave me hell for being pissed off last time but, that crap doesn't stand in my book. :thumb:

James

Staff member
Thanks Sun - as a matter of fact, the same kid that caused that pile up took the only girl out last weekend (she is really fast - in fact she is in that other vid of the fallen rider - Jamie) and she broke her Pelvic bone. I know M33 gave me hell for being pissed off last time but, that crap doesn't stand in my book. :thumb:
Offer $100 to any rider that stuffs him.

Oh a serious note, have you talked to the race official yet? Pretty sure that there's language in the rulebook that covers this type of stuff. (could result in a DQ)

Offer $100 to any rider that stuffs him.

Oh a serious note, have you talked to the race official yet? Pretty sure that there's language in the rulebook that covers this type of stuff. (could result in a DQ)
Not my thing Jazz. Last weekend we had a big issue with some parents and I called them a bunch of "poopy pants". :lol: