Want to upgrade to a diesel?

I want a diesel because they run FOREVER. I don't haul much besides hay, grain, bedding, and my bikes. If I use it as a daily driver shouldn't it be durable?
One thing to know about me, I am very easy on cars/trucks If you treat them well they will treat you well back.

I want a diesel because they run FOREVER. I don't haul much besides hay, grain, bedding, and my bikes. If I use it as a daily driver shouldn't it be durable?
One thing to know about me, I am very easy on cars/trucks If you treat them well they will treat you well back.

You have to work the hell out of a diesel and keep changing filters.
Howes fuel treatment, Rotella oil and Motorcraft filters keep me chugging along way after other folks gave up on their 6.0 fords:thumb:

You have to work the hell out of a diesel and keep changing filters.
Howes fuel treatment, Rotella oil and Motorcraft filters keep me chugging along way after other folks gave up on their 6.0 fords:thumb:
Hahaha I don't want a 6.0 Ford, I have heard to many bad things lol. I like the idea of a fummins. or a cummins with a manual transmission.

Hahaha I don't want a 6.0 Ford, I have heard to many bad things lol. I like the idea of a fummins. or a cummins with a manual transmission.

They all have their issues.
Mine has 240k and I love it, great motor just not for grocery getting or soccer momming...

So try to get a job to tow something after school?

Not really...
let it warm up well, use the block heater, use fuel additive... oh and dont do the start and go, along with sitting in traffic or chasing red lights. It needs to run steady... the longer the better. I have alot of open highway, I run the hell outta my truck.

Not the durability... the cost of a daily driver, fuel and maintanance...

I use mine as daily driver and work on computer systems for a living so it don't get heavy use. I rairly have any issues with it. or I did just spend $230 replace both batteries today. I spend about 70 every 2.5 to 3 months or every 5k to change the oil and about $25 to change the fuel filter ever other oil change. Other than that it just brakes and other normal stuff you would spend on any other truck... I have 195k on mine still runs like new one. One thing you are going to see hurt you is the pump,,, 16mpg at 4.09 a gal is not cheap. Cost me about $130 to fill up every two weeks.