Volcom leaving MX

Doesn't that apply to a big part of the MX aftermarket. At best they design stuff and have it made by a contractor in some low cost place.

I disagree. There is already a name brand company selling the gear, and they are a company that provides nothing to modify the gear, or change the design of the gear.

James

Staff member
I disagree. There is already a name brand company selling the gear, and they are a company that provides nothing to modify the gear, or change the design of the gear.

Where do you think the Fox, Shift, Thor, Fly, etc helmets come from?

I think the company designs them, then sends the design overseas to one of their factories to be produced.

note: except shift, they are also made by the fox company.

I really doubt that many of the motorcycle apparel companies owns the factory where most of the stuff is made. I'm not saying all though. The gear is built by whatever contractor got the contract for acceptable quality and lowest cost.

I really doubt that many of the motorcycle apparel companies owns the factory where most of the stuff is made. I'm not saying all though. The gear is built by whatever contractor got the contract for acceptable quality and lowest cost.

I believe so, there are only so many companies. Like I said shift/fox/pod are all under Fox Racing. Blur and oneal I believe are co ownership.

James

Staff member
I think the company designs them, then sends the design overseas to one of their factories to be produced.

note: except shift, they are also made by the fox company.

Most of those are made by the same company, they just say Fox, Thor, Shift, etc.

Give or take, but I still think that volcom wasn't an actual gear company. It was just a design on thor stuff, as least the other companies advertise for their own stuff

SRAD97750

Staff member
JUST MY 2 CENTS
MONSTER doesn't make dick as far as MX stuff goes... Yet MONSTER logos dominate your field of view at an event.
They don't improve any products... Provide any special items besides their energy drinks and clothing... none of which is considered MX gear.

What Volcom, Monster, Spy, and Toyota DO PROVIDE, is financial backing. Which is what our sport lacks the most.
If it were not for these NON-MX companies, we would have even less televised coverage and an even smaller following.

Fact is... these companies may not have an "appeal in MX," but they sure are floating our ass... I am sad to see Volcom, or any company for that matter, leave our beloved sport.
Just my 2 cents. -BIG DAN:thumb:

Monster is only interested in profits and they see them in the people who surround dirt bikes. They do make a lot of $$$ at it. Monster is very successful operation.