Pro Travis Pastrana To Race In Red Bull Straight Rhythm

SRAD97750

Staff member
The problem travis had with the 500 was overshooting everything and landing in the flats when he was trying to catch up. This track was tailored for perfect rhythm through the jumps, rather than a drag race. Great track design.
Travis mentions in the commentary later that the fastest group are scrubbing jumps you "can't scrub," so that they can land on the backside of every jump to get maximum drive. -BIG DAN:thumb:

The problem travis had with the 500 was overshooting everything and landing in the flats when he was trying to catch up. This track was tailored for perfect rhythm through the jumps, rather than a drag race. Great track design.
Travis mentions in the commentary later that the fastest group are scrubbing jumps you "can't scrub," so that they can land on the backside of every jump to get maximum drive. -BIG DAN:thumb:
I think most of it is he hasn't raced anything SX/MX since 2003. They didn't really scrub back then, and even if they did, his knees are a bit jacked up for that.

he went for the hype..... he would have killed it on a 125 for sure

I wasn't sure how I'd like this format, but it was really fun to watch.....kinda thought we'd be looking at 15 sec runs, but they were just the right length where you could let it all hang out, but still have a chance to catch up if either rider blew the start or a landing etc. and yes It was great to see Pastrana in a competition that didn't involve wheelchairs a set of rockets and a midget.

James

Staff member
But but it doesn't matter, he's on a 500...:smirk:

Hey.....just saw nitro circus is coming back, now I get to see tricycles doing triple backflips thru a ring of fire again. This will make wedensdays worth getting up for.