Pro Travis Pastrana To Race In Red Bull Straight Rhythm

Former 125cc Motocross and Supercross Champion Travis Pastrana will compete in the Red Bull Straight Rhythm motocross event scheduled for October 4 at Auto Club Raceway in Pomona, California, according to event sponsor Red Bull.

Pastrana will have a busy month as he is also set to compete in the Red Bull Global Rallycross, September 19-21, at the port of Los Angeles in San Pedro, California.

“Either of these events are enough to get me excited, but the notion of taking them both on, just weeks apart, is exactly the kind of challenge I salivate over,” said Pastrana. “I love racing Rallycross, and I’m really pumped up for the totally new format of Red Bull Straight Rhythm.”

Pastrana’s participation in Red Bull Straight Rhythm will mark the first motocross event he has competed in since taking a five-year hiatus from the sport to focus on four-wheel racing.

“Most people who know me know that it’s really tough for me to turn my back on a new challenge, and when I heard about the new head-to-head format of Red Bull Straight Rhythm, I instantly felt that tug on my heart to get into the mix,” said Pastrana. “A one-of-a-kind format demands a one-of-a-kind machine, and my team and I are bringing some seriously heavy artillery to the party in Pomona.”

The buzz around Pastrana’s return came when he released a video on his Instagram account featuring a 500cc two-stroke bike he had specifically built to race at Red Bull Straight Rhythm. While traditional Supercross races allow for only 250cc and 450cc classes, this event instead has a 250cc class and an open class. When Pastrana got wind of the freedom from traditional engine size restraints in the open class, he decided to build the 500.

I believe Turd Sniffer posted a couple Instagram vids of the bike. A Service Suz/Honda i believe. I think it is all Suzuki with a Honda motor.

Former 125cc Motocross and Supercross Champion Travis Pastrana will compete in the Red Bull Straight Rhythm motocross event scheduled for October 4 at Auto Club Raceway in Pomona, California, according to event sponsor Red Bull.

Pastrana will have a busy month as he is also set to compete in the Red Bull Global Rallycross, September 19-21, at the port of Los Angeles in San Pedro, California.

“Either of these events are enough to get me excited, but the notion of taking them both on, just weeks apart, is exactly the kind of challenge I salivate over,” said Pastrana. “I love racing Rallycross, and I’m really pumped up for the totally new format of Red Bull Straight Rhythm.”

Pastrana’s participation in Red Bull Straight Rhythm will mark the first motocross event he has competed in since taking a five-year hiatus from the sport to focus on four-wheel racing.

“Most people who know me know that it’s really tough for me to turn my back on a new challenge, and when I heard about the new head-to-head format of Red Bull Straight Rhythm, I instantly felt that tug on my heart to get into the mix,” said Pastrana. “A one-of-a-kind format demands a one-of-a-kind machine, and my team and I are bringing some seriously heavy artillery to the party in Pomona.”

The buzz around Pastrana’s return came when he released a video on his Instagram account featuring a 500cc two-stroke bike he had specifically built to race at Red Bull Straight Rhythm. While traditional Supercross races allow for only 250cc and 450cc classes, this event instead has a 250cc class and an open class. When Pastrana got wind of the freedom from traditional engine size restraints in the open class, he decided to build the 500.

I believe Turd Sniffer posted a couple Instagram vids of the bike. A Service Suz/Honda i believe. I think it is all Suzuki with a Honda motor.

at least in a straight line race, Pastrami wont crash at the first turn.

Giving Steve a giant thumbsdown for diss'n Trav. He is probably the coolest Motorsport personality ever. Yeah, I like the guy. :thumb:

Hey I like the guy, I always thought he was as naturally gifted as anyone, but chose to go a different route, to each his own, just ain't into the x games stuff, although nitro circus was awsome.

I miss seeing Travis Pastrana. Very talented and a hell of a self promoter. Suzuki still sponsors/cuts him a check. He just didn't like their rules and wanted to be able to race MX and do all kinds of cool stuff for himself. He's got 2 championships and monster truck full of cash so he must be doing something right...
I'm excited to see him do the straight rythme

i am so exited about this. i wish i was in the know of people when they had the "hidden" straight test track that was "somewhere near SD" i never seen it IRL but looking at the BG i thinki have an idea of the area it could have been at... would have been fun to go try it.