South Trail Closures, The Red Menace Invades The Desert

I did not make it up as far as Fremont but I did see a bunch of those red sticks south of there all the way to the 58. I saw open trail markers south of the 58 but no red sticks down there but maybe the red stick crew had not made it down there yet. Pisses me off because a lot of the trails they decided to close are large, main riding trails. What possible reasoning can they have to close off some of the best trials out there? And who is the asshole that thought it was necessary to put a red stick on the trail to the Joshua tree that sits right out there with a bunch of power lines? I am one to obey rules and try to do the right thing when riding in the desert but they are making it harder all the time because I am getting to the point of just saying fuck it and ride. My son and I were on one open trail that we started on from our staging spot and after riding for a couple miles came to a fork in the road and there was a red stick on the trail we just came from. Apparently some dick head decided to close this trail from one end only. How are you supposed to work with that kind of mentality?

what pisses me off more then anything... is where was the meetings ... where was the info... did they give the PEOPLE any word on this subject? or just close shit down? like JV. we have a chance and they might eventually but for now its not just throw up signs and shit is closed out of no where. FFS when the fuck are the people going to take this fucking country back.

sorry for the rant but this shit(and not jsut for riding trails) pisses me the fuck off.

what pisses me off more then anything... is where was the meetings ... where was the info... did they give the PEOPLE any word on this subject? or just close shit down? like JV. we have a chance and they might eventually but for now its not just throw up signs and shit is closed out of no where. FFS when the fuck are the people going to take this fucking country back.

sorry for the rant but this shit(and not jsut for riding trails) pisses me the fuck off.

This crap is 10 years old, they are just now getting around to the signing of it.:picard:

Another thing, who is responsible for putting up all these markers and saying certain trails are closed? I see no signs of authority of who placed these things and where does the money come from in this poor ass pathetic state to make all these signs? If this is where our money for green and red stickers is going then that needs to end. Also, if some bozo comes along and decides to close this particular trail, what makes it wrong for me to come along and say this trail is open and yank the fricken stick out of the ground and bury it? They say no and I say yes. :devil:

:noidea: Well I guess they have had this in their plans for many years according to all this bullshit. It will never end until you and I go buy a few acres to call our own and ride from one corner to the other.

fuck yea. im thinking that + an off road adventure tour company of some sort.

:noidea: Well I guess they have had this in their plans for many years according to all this bullshit. It will never end until you and I go buy a few acres to call our own and ride from one corner to the other.

I can do that...... :banana:....gets a little old after a while...... :pout:

Yep, we could practise at the Rez Ranch for a while but like you say, it may get old after a couple hours. :smirk:

Since I know the people not next door but the 3 lots past my next door neighbor, they'll let us extend to their place however you'll have to cross the SUMBISH's property between us. I don't wanna get my Aaaaaaz blowed off. Make a hell of a track though... :thinking:

This is a good question Travace... and don't take my post as directed at you please.

But guys this has been going on for years... is well documented... well posted on the largest dirt bike forums... when we yell WTF at this late date we kind of embarrass ourselves. You have to ignore the warnings pretty hard to run into a sign in the desert and then say WTF.

It sucks... it ain't right. But this is NOT NEW INFO ! We dirt bikers as a group just DON'T GET INVOLVED... then we cry when it's all over !

Agent post this same topic over at TT. I gave some advise over there if you wanna do something about it. I don"t feel like retyping. If we wanna just be mad and talk smack thats OK too. You decide whats right for you.

the WEMO plan was pre-internet so not many people were aware of it. I believe I heard on the net that it was under question now tho and may be overturned and is why there are new public meetings taking place now. It really is just a matter of time tho, due to the country being run by lawyers, media, liberals, EPA, etc.