Towing & Weight Capacity

Someone told me a story once of someone coming from Lake Havasu back to Los Angeles, got into a wreck and killed the other driver. Because he was overloaded, he apparently lost the lawsuit and lost everything. The overloading was the deciding factor in the lawsuit.

One would think if it were close, it wouldn't be a big issue. But being grossly overweight would be not to mention a safety factor too.

He-men will be he-men..............I as I'm sure many of you experienced many of them over on "the other" site...Hell boys, my F150 will pull damn near anything you hook it up to, it's a mule of a truck...shiiiit, I pulled my daddy's mobile home cross country just last month. Had a 3 ton load a rock in there when I re-did my driveway! Anybody that'll tell ya different's a pussy! Ptttt - ting.......that was spittin into the spitoon! :blah:

He-men will be he-men..............I as I'm sure many of you experienced many of them over on "the other" site...Hell boys, my F150 will pull damn near anything you hook it up to, it's a mule of a truck...shiiiit, I pulled my daddy's mobile home cross country just last month. Had a 3 ton load a rock in there when I re-did my driveway! Anybody that'll tell ya different's a pussy! Ptttt - ting.......that was spittin into the spitoon! :blah:

Well let's stay away from that and

:focus:

Hell boys, my F150 will pull damn near anything you hook it up to, it's a mule of a truck.

I've got the 300 I6 in my F150. It has good low end torque. The problem is the manual transmission. I guess Ford didn't want to do warranty clutch work so they rated the truck at an extremely wimpy 3300 pounds towing capacity. The same truck with an automatic is 5800. Before I knew I towed a couple of things that were in the 4500 to 55 pound range. Worked fine. No big rig for me until I replace that thing, but I don't have room to store one anyhow.

Hell I have a minivan rated at 4500 pounds.

I've got the 300 I6 in my F150. It has good low end torque. The problem is the manual transmission. I guess Ford didn't want to do warranty clutch work so they rated the truck at an extremely wimpy 3300 pounds towing capacity. The same truck with an automatic is 5800. Before I knew I towed a couple of things that were in the 4500 to 55 pound range. Worked fine. No big rig for me until I replace that thing, but I don't have room to store one anyhow.

Hell I have a minivan rated at 4500 pounds.

I had the auto-version...nice truck but the gearing was too low...it was strong though :thumb:

My 04 2wd Dodge (got a HEMI in that?) 2500 was rated at 12k...Don't know what my Chevy 2500 is but I'm sure it's similar. Never heard of a 3/4 ton being rated to tow 15k lbs..:shocked: 1 ton dually's maybe!

My 06 Dodge 2500HD with the Cummins is rated to pull up to 16000lbs. However its clearly stated on the back of my DL that I am not authorized to pull more than 10,000. So your truck will do it. But will the rating that goes with your DL allow for more than what the truck is capable of?

My 06 Dodge 2500HD with the Cummins is rated to pull up to 16000lbs. However its clearly stated on the back of my DL that I am not authorized to pull more than 10,000. So your truck will do it. But will the rating that goes with your DL allow for more than what the truck is capable of?

I have a class a non commercial :thumb: