Thought for the day

22221551_1984439491773956_4630121532106317014_n.jpg

Stationary bikes are the devil.
I get off work at 6, and this time of the year the sun is down by 5:30, so I don't get to ride the mountain bike, so I've been doing the stationary bike at the gym on my cardio days. I am convinced that thing is Satan. On a bicycle, you usually get some sort of break where you're coasting, either regulating speed to the terrain or going down hill, not with a stationary, you adjust everything to your preference and go till you're about to fail, at which point, you hope you can slow it down without it snapping one of your ankles, then you take 2 minutes, curse under your breath, realize you're doing this to be better than you were last year, but the stationary bike does not care how pathetic you are, it just sits there, staring into your soul, planning on snapping your ankles so as to make all the suffering in vain, staring at you with pity.

I ran into a childhood friend that I hadn't seen for a good 5-6 years today, and the first question out of her mouth is are you still racing dirt bikes? the obvious answer is yes, and the next question was why?

I don't have a good reason, I just do, she commented something that I'm but a few years out of 30, and didn't see the humor in it when I said they have vet classes.

I think our sport is odd to those who don't get it.