Bore: 3.86"
Stroke: 2.35"
Displacement: 27.44 c.i.
Compression Ratio: 12.0:1
Fuel System: Electronic Fuel Injection
Throttle Body: Keihin D46
Start: Electric

Suspension:
Front Forks: Kayaba upside-down telescoptic hydraulic fork with advanced axle, compression and rebound stroke adjustment
Fork Legs Diameter: 1.89"
Stroke: 11.81"
Rear: Kayaba progressive link with single hydraulic shock absorber, spring preload adjustment, compression (high and low speed) and rebound adjustment
Stroke: 11.81"
Wheels: 1.60" x 21" Front, 2.15" x 18" Rear

I was looking thru an old moto magazine from Oct. '10 and saw this http://www.touratech-usa.com/Store/300/PN-048-0384/Large-Fuel-tank-F800GS-painted-Matte-Black
It's for a BMW F800GS, but it has the same gas tank design that the new Huskys have. The tank mounts in the traditional location by replacing stock body parts. It gravity feeds into the under seat tank. The same thing could be done on the Husky, and it wouldn't need to be a lot of gas. Just a gallon and a half or so added to the under seat tank would give you a very large capacity and still keep the bike pretty slim.

I was looking thru an old moto magazine from Oct. '10 and saw this http://www.touratech-usa.com/Store/300/PN-048-0384/Large-Fuel-tank-F800GS-painted-Matte-Black
It's for a BMW F800GS, but it has the same gas tank design that the new Huskys have. The tank mounts in the traditional location by replacing stock body parts. It gravity feeds into the under seat tank. The same thing could be done on the Husky, and it wouldn't need to be a lot of gas. Just a gallon and a half or so added to the under seat tank would give you a very large capacity and still keep the bike pretty slim.

1 gal (to me) seems to be too big for under the seat...picture a gallon milk bottle...you'd have to do some serious reshaping to make it fit underneath even if you did have some sticking out the sides...:noidea:

2k for a gas tank ? WTF :picard:

its such a pet peeve of mine when people dont know the difference between their, there and theyre....

Unless that bike was under a couple grand, I wouldnt ever think about getting it.

1 gal (to me) seems to be too big for under the seat...picture a gallon milk bottle...you'd have to do some serious reshaping to make it fit underneath even if you did have some sticking out the sides...:noidea:

I should have said "... in addition to the under seat tank". I picture something like the BMW tank in the link, where the tank does double duty as radiator shroud also. As long as the add-on tank doesn't dip below the level of the stock, under seat tank, to maintain the gravity feed. Also, the way the seat runs all the way to the steering neck could be a problem trying to fit something over it. It's hard to know exactly what there is to work with going off of just a picture, but I think some smart engineer can think of something.