Husqvarna Their Almost Here

The new BMW Husky's - 449 and 511
2011HuskyFinalpress27.jpg

Due in September, plateable.
Me want.

I was "over there" :devil: in "their" Husky section reading up on the latest "tit-for-tat" posts on the new 2011's...What a bunch of girls...Kind of makes you want to sit back and see what they're going to say next! :smirk:

...What a bunch of girls...Kind of makes you want to sit back and see what they're going to say next! :smirk:

No, actually the Husky section on the site you're referring to is very respectful and has very knowledgeable contributers.
There's one guy, who is obviously a "Pumpkin lover", that has infected the Husky section and is just trying to stir the pot. He's one
of those guys that can't stand to see someone else prosper and will do anything to try and diminish it. That, rezrider, would be the
"girl" that you're referring to. :ride:

ABD2010072602614_HIRcopy1.jpg

These new Husky's really seem to be bad ass. The only thing that keeps me from really lusting for one is the small fuel capacity. I think 8.5 litres only works out to about 2.2 gals. For me, that's just not enough. And, with the under seat tank, I don't see any way to put an over-size tank on it. Maybe with the EFI, the MPG is much better? If the new Husky's become popular(and I think they will)it's going to be interesting to see what the after-market comes up with.

These new Husky's really seem to be bad ass. The only thing that keeps me from really lusting for one is the small fuel capacity. I think 8.5 litres only works out to about 2.2 gals. For me, that's just not enough. And, with the under seat tank, I don't see any way to put an over-size tank on it. Maybe with the EFI, the MPG is much better? If the new Husky's become popular(and I think they will)it's going to be interesting to see what the after-market comes up with.

I like the new look a lot, the one piece side panel/ rad shroud I think looks pretty sharp. The extended seat could be a nut saver. I do recall reading somewhere
that IMS or Clark was working on getting an aftermarket tank built for these new Huskys.
I'm curious to know if the 450's and 510's , check that, 449's and 511's are using this new motor what about the 250's and 310's ? Are they using the same design
as before or are they going to be using the new BMW platform motor?

From what I have read, the F.I. system on these bikes is supposed to be an excellent system, close to 40MPG average, so about 80 miles might be possible with the stock tank. Also, there are 2 fuel tanks on the bike, the main one under the seat, and the secondary behind the head which also houses the fuel pump. For aftermarket companies designing a larger underseat tank, they don't have to factor in the pump in the design. Less R&D, and hopefully less cost to the buyer.

From what I have read, the F.I. system on these bikes is supposed to be an excellent system, close to 40MPG average, so about 80 miles might be possible with the stock tank. Also, there are 2 fuel tanks on the bike, the main one under the seat, and the secondary behind the head which also houses the fuel pump. For aftermarket companies designing a larger underseat tank, they don't have to factor in the pump in the design. Less R&D, and hopefully less cost to the buyer.

So you'd leave the secondary tank in place and replace the one under the seat? To me it doesn't seem like much room for expansion unless you blow out the side panels...:noidea:

Having not seen the bikes, I am not sure what space, if any, there is for the aftermarket to design a larger tank, so is it possible? I don't know. Larger in frame tanks were designed for 450x's etc. although out and up was the solution.
For me, 80 miles is about the max I can ride before needing food and beer and a little relax time in the chair, so I am good, the rest of you are on your own :thumb::P:ride:.

Reading a Italian website that said the TE449 would sell for 8900 Euros, thats about $11,000. Ouch, I hope that's wrong.

"The new Husqvarna will be available through authorized Husqvarna dealer in the month of September 2010.
These prices: TC449: € 8,590, TE449: € 8,900, TE511: € 8,990"