The Price is Right!

Wow, I am completely blown away by that quote. There is no way it would cost even a 1/4 of that to do it yourself. Shit I rebuilt an entire four stroke for under $700. They wanted $2250 just to do that work. Stealership is right.

Okay here is the main break down. I'm just doing the big ticket items.
Radiator $371.34
Radiator $388.45
Radiator Cap $65
Cover Assemb. $39.72
Crank Case Cover $104 (Its Scratched)
Graphics for each side $220
Rim $251.95
Handle Bars $208
Master Cylinder $142.13
Lever $35.58
Brake Hose $154
Exaust Pipe (Scratched) $371.13
Exaust Pipe Protector $38.73
Engine Guard $61.62
80/100-21 61M D739 Tire $102.05 <--just bought this tire Saturday for my 2001 bike for $59.00

There are lots of $20 and under parts (Screws, gaskets, etc.)

Oh Labor was $605.00

They totalled the bike. I'm buying it back and doing the work myself.:thumb: We will have a nice rebuild thread when it all gets squared away.:thumb:

James

Staff member
:wow: And that my friends is way they're called stealerships. That's just outrageous, wonder how much it would be if you just bought everything yourself?

:wow: And that my friends is way they're called stealerships. That's just outrageous, wonder how much it would be if you just bought everything yourself?

Man do you know just the Yamaha Emblem Sticker for the front of the fender is $10.89!

what about the labor fees you said?

You don't know how insurance works do you? :thinking:

Anyways, Bryce, that really sucks man. I laughed when I saw that 250 dollars for graphics specifically...it's funny that the stealership counts graphics as a necessary piece of equipment :smirk:

Are you going to go ahead and part out your 250 and get a new bike? Or are you gonna fix up and bling out your 250? I sense some interesting threads coming up from Bryce :banana: