The Pink Floyd thread

Random thought.... didn't led zep's drummer die of alcohol poisoning? Drugs and liquor abuse go with the territory more often than not.
One of my main reasons for pink Floyd being my favorite is the songs are usually about some pretty deep topics

John Bonham died of asphyxiation caused by choking on his own vomit from excessive drinking of alcohol (in one day)!

John Bonham died of asphyxiation caused by choking on his own vomit from excessive drinking of alcohol (in one day)!

At the coroner's inquest it emerged that in the 24 hours before he died, Bonham consumed approximately forty shots (1-1.4 liters) of 40% ABV vodka, after which he vomited and aspirated the vomitus, causing asphyxiation

That is a shit load of alcohol :shocked:

At the coroner's inquest it emerged that in the 24 hours before he died, Bonham consumed approximately forty shots (1-1.4 liters) of 40% ABV vodka, after which he vomited and aspirated the vomitus, causing asphyxiation

That is a shit load of alcohol :shocked:
Bon Scott went out the same way......I dont mind some of Floyd's stuff, but i dont really get into deep lyrics, just some strait forward rock n roll, gimme nugent,ac/dc, priest, zz top, alice cooper, that kinda stuff.

Bon Scott went out the same way......I dont mind some of Floyd's stuff, but i dont really get into deep lyrics, just some strait forward rock n roll, gimme nugent,ac/dc, priest, zz top, alice cooper, that kinda stuff.
nothing wrong with that, this wasn't a "500cc's of glory" and everything else sucks thread. Just a matter of PF is my favorite band, I like a lot of different music, a lot of stuff thats not mainstream either.

nothing wrong with that, this wasn't a "500cc's of glory" and everything else sucks thread. Just a matter of PF is my favorite band, I like a lot of different music, a lot of stuff thats not mainstream either.
I didn't figure it was that kinda thread......just saw an chance to pimp my music favorites.

Dertailing thread for a moment... I don't remember what the commercial was about (beer???) but do you or anyone remember the commercial with Burt Reynolds and a bunch of other "guys" including Ex Rodeo star Ty Murray sitting around a table when his wife (exwife ??) Jewel shows up... he gets up to leave and says to them "See (C) You (U) Next Thursday???

Yeah, was that a miller lite commercial? :lol:

Random thought.... didn't led zep's drummer die of alcohol poisoning? Drugs and liquor abuse go with the territory more often than not.
One of my main reasons for pink Floyd being my favorite is the songs are usually about some pretty deep topics

Yeah, John Bonham, major drunk passed out on his back and drowned in his own vomit.