The Pink Floyd thread

Pink Floyd... pffft whatever!!!!!

A band held to grace by a fractured society of subcultured hippies..... before that there were the Beatles, The Who (the original rock Opera with "TOMMY") Led Zeppelin, Yes, Lets not forget about Frank Zappa,..... How about Arlow Guthery??? Phuch yeah, you wanna get down with music? lets talk about real artists that got shit done without purple smoke and mirrors.....
I like Floyd but there is SOOOOO much more out there that will blow your minds!!!
beatles actually said in an interview that pink floyd was one of their major influences. when you listen to PF's early albums it sounds like the beatles a lot... or i should say the beatles sound like them :thumb:

The Beatles? A borderline pop group that sucked compared to Bad Finger.

Other than that, thats ok, and since you mentioned purple......

:picard: we wouldnt have the rock that we have today if it wasnt for the beatles... gotta give respect where its due. they changed the world of music.

:picard: we wouldnt have the rock that we have today if it wasnt for the beatles... gotta give respect where its due. they changed the world of music.
You're irregardless, they had a sound that was borderline pop, especially by today's standards.
Like I said, there were others at the same time too :hifive:

beatles actually said in an interview that pink floyd was one of their major influences. when you listen to PF's early albums it sounds like the beatles a lot... or i should say the beatles sound like them :thumb:

Did not know that!!!
Like late beatles stuff? I can only assume so since the Beatles were kicking around in 59(?) and Floyd was a 72ish band????
Good info :thumb: