The Official GPS Unit Best For DirtBike's Thread

Bad? Whats wrong with it? I dont want to spend the money if its junk.

Same here. I have a $150 store credit that sells them all on-line, but I want someone who has one to tell me if its good or not. I don't want to waste my money on something marginal when I missed buying a better one at the same price.

I have seen that in person but not had the chance to talk to the owner. It is new so it may have its bugs (that one is for you Buck :smirk:). Like all first time units someone has to be the ginny pig.

i got the US topo 2008 already :)

i also found a nice .gdb file of all the national parks in the USA..... I cant seem to find the holy grail of the offroad community tho :(

been playing with this thing all day so when i do go out i will know how to use it. Took a drive looking for the handlebar mount testing the tracks along the way. I also been playing with the Mapsource app. adding my own waypoints like staging area's and the los pinos fire tower. I ever learned how to make my own custom icon and load them to the gps. I made one that looks like the DBA dirtbike guy in your browser address.

GPS is on the bike.
wqsnxz.jpg

21aieja.jpg

i wanted to keep it out of the way of the stock tachometer but there is literally no where else it will fit on my bars. I could put it on the bend but then its angled all funky. I put a zip tie around the base of the mount so it wont fall off if the clip breaks. I also put a zip tie through the little hole that is for the wrist strap and wrapped it around the unit and the mount, just in case it decides it don't want to stay to the base.

now to start making my tracks. I will prolly start using Everytrail to upload the GPX files for everyone to see and use if they please

i got the Garmin 60csx... now who has the hook ups on maps ?
I got the California Topo, Topo US 2008, and City Navigator 2011.2 all for free online. Look into torrents.

As far as getting .gpx files with way-points and routes mapped out already. good luck! I've been able to find a lot of truck related .gpx files but nothing for the bike. Dirtopia.com SOMETIMES(for well known areas...) has .gpx or at least gearth files.

It would be really cool if we could create a "folder.....sticky" to share .gpx files....admins, are you reading this?:devil:

I got the California Topo, Topo US 2008, and City Navigator 2011.2 all for free online. Look into torrents.

As far as getting .gpx files with way-points and routes mapped out already. good luck! I've been able to find a lot of truck related .gpx files but nothing for the bike. Dirtopia.com SOMETIMES(for well known areas...) has .gpx or at least gearth files.

It would be really cool if we could create a "folder.....sticky" to share .gpx files....admins, are you reading this?:devil:

watch everytrail.com i will be using that and you can get the .gpx files from there. I can just include a link to it in my RR's :banana:

I know this is an old thread but I thought I would post this ling for a site of .gpx files. You var to upload 1 file before you can download any off of the site.

http://www.gpsxchange.com/