The Official GPS Unit Best For DirtBike's Thread

That's the same GPS the guy at Glamis had yesterday who was helping us and was difficult to operate. The unit wouldn't allow new coordinates to be entered too so we were all confused lol How do you enter in new coordinates to find your way there?

That's the same GPS the guy at Glamis had yesterday who was helping us and was difficult to operate. The unit wouldn't allow new coordinates to be entered too so we were all confused lol How do you enter in new coordinates to find your way there?

I'll get back to you tonight when I get home and have the unit in front of me.

You need to make sure the GPS is not in navigation" mode. It should say "ready to navigate" on the map page. You can hit the "mark" button from any section. You then arrow up to the "location" section that shows your current co-ordinates. Hit the "enter" key which will then bring up a keyboard that will allow you to change the co-ordinates to whereever it is you want to go to. You move through the keyboard using the arrow key and hitting enter when you are on the number that you want to change it to. You can go up to the top and change the name. It defaults to a number. Once you do all this you can just exit out. This is now saved as a waypoint.

Now to navigate to that location you hit the "find" key then the "waypoints" selection. Yu select the name of the waypoint you want to go to and then select the "go to" in the bottom right corner. You can page through the GPS selections to use either the compass or the map section. I use the compass section as it points in the direction you need to go and it tells you how far you still need to go.

Hope this helps.:ride:

I had a nicer GPS, then went over the bars in Cal City and crushed it. Since then I use a cheap Magellan. I believe it is a Magellan 210 that I bought new for about $75. That way if I crush it again, no big deal. Easy to do if it is mounted on the bike and the bike cartwheels.

I had a nicer GPS, then went over the bars in Cal City and crushed it. Since then I use a cheap Magellan. I believe it is a Magellan 210 that I bought new for about $75. That way if I crush it again, no big deal. Easy to do if it is mounted on the bike and the bike cartwheels.

Hmmmm, a bike doing cartwheels. Now that's not something I would have thought to try. Your right though, I haven't seen any of those FMX guys using GPS's now that you mention it. :poke: :thumb:

Seriously though, I have been pretty fortunate to not have had any issues in the 4 years I have had it. I will say I have broken 2 of the RAM mounts but the GPS has held up great. The mount broke at the ball coming off of the handlebars.

i had my 60csx mount break off the handlebars 3 times... the last time i was on a rocky fireroad and it landed glass side down... well what i thought was glass.... it actually has a plastic that sits over the glass to the screen. that popped off completly but fit right back in just as snug... i have been impressed with the durability of this GPS.

I keep it in my vest now tho.

i had my 60csx mount break off the handlebars 3 times... the last time i was on a rocky fireroad and it landed glass side down... well what i thought was glass.... it actually has a plastic that sits over the glass to the screen. that popped off completly but fit right back in just as snug... i have been impressed with the durability of this GPS.

I keep it in my vest now tho.

If it was the RAM mount, they have a lifetime guarantee. I didn't know this until this last time. I just had to take a picture of it and e-mail it to them. They sent me a replacement one. I had to pay the $2.50 shipping charge.

no i would never put that flag pole they call a ram mount on there... the thing sticks out so much i didnt like... i had the handlebar mount thing... it sucked.

Hmmmm, a bike doing cartwheels. Now that's not something I would have thought to try. Your right though, I haven't seen any of those FMX guys using GPS's now that you mention it. :poke: :thumb:

Seriously though, I have been pretty fortunate to not have had any issues in the 4 years I have had it. I will say I have broken 2 of the RAM mounts but the GPS has held up great. The mount broke at the ball coming off of the handlebars.
I may not be fast, but used to really love the rocks. Was going down a steep downhill, got going fast, into a rut and then over I went. Was not pretty, assholes and elbows everywhere.:smirk: