Other The Hond-turd's Official Thread

SRAD97750

Staff member
If you can restore it back to showroom condition that would be awesome... if not then why bother ?
Kind of a strange question to ask on "DIRTBIKEADDICTS." We all have some needs to fufill. Anything with 2 wheels and a motor (running or not) is worth my time.

finally got some "extra" cash. the alternator assembly (stator) is discountiued and mine trashed. There are 2 on ebay but 35 year old electrical parts scare me a little bit. Should i try to get it rewound? Or can any of you gurus find me a NOS one someone had lying around?
Ask the people on ebay to give you ohmic resistance measurments. Most people will oblige. If they give you a small number and a big number, then it's good. Opens or shorts are no good on a stator. $35 isn't much and I'll bet one of them on ebay will work just fine. I've bought a good one on ebay for an 81 KDX, 89 YZ250, and 89 KTM. All worked great. Good luck.
I haven't seen a cheap and easy "rewinding" shop. I usually just source ebay.

I got all yall beat(to my knowledge)

We have a 1971 CB350! sorry no pictures right now... I may start a thread if it's ok to make a road bike thread on a dirt bike forum:peep:

It can look bad and still work fine. Unless it's physically damaged. Rewind it yourself if need be. Time consuming, but it's really not that hard.

What's wrong with it? Pics?

Kind of a strange question to ask on "DIRTBIKEADDICTS." We all have some needs to fufill. Anything with 2 wheels and a motor (running or not) is worth my time.

GEEZ! you don't have to yell at me....:pout:

I have never been a rat rod type of guy.... you however put together alot of fantastic projects :thumb:

Its only 6 months too late :smirk: but here are some pics.
Weather is cooling off and not much rideing left so im gonna need something to do. Gonna probably pick up a cheap 250 to fix/sell/part out and get this going over the winter.
Stator wires are obviously shot but i did attempt to put new point and condensor in it so those are brand new. I think i am going to try to wrap it myself. What kind of wire should i use and any tips?

Attachments

• IMGA0854.JPG
    IMGA0854.JPG
    116.4 KB · Views: 16
  • IMGA0855.JPG
    IMGA0855.JPG
    127.7 KB · Views: 16
  • IMGA0856.JPG
    IMGA0856.JPG
    125.9 KB · Views: 16
  • IMGA0857.JPG
    IMGA0857.JPG
    125.7 KB · Views: 15
  • IMGA0858.JPG
    IMGA0858.JPG
    113.2 KB · Views: 18
Its only 6 months too late :smirk: but here are some pics.
Weather is cooling off and not much rideing left so im gonna need something to do. Gonna probably pick up a cheap 250 to fix/sell/part out and get this going over the winter.
Stator wires are obviously shot but i did attempt to put new point and condensor in it so those are brand new. I think i am going to try to wrap it myself. What kind of wire should i use and any tips?

I dont want to see you get hurt so use safety wire.................................

....................... all kidding aside, call someone and have it done.
http://www.customrewind.com/?fe9a29c0

http://www.bajadesigns.com/products...stators-flywheels/motorcycle-stator-rewinding

Also try the local airports as they have those types of services available.

I dont want to see you get hurt so use safety wire.................................

....................... all kidding aside, call someone and have it done.
http://www.customrewind.com/?fe9a29c0

http://www.bajadesigns.com/products...stators-flywheels/motorcycle-stator-rewinding

Also try the local airports as they have those types of services available.
If it was an important bike i would try but it just to have fun and something to do while putting it back together. From what i've read alot of people do it themselves and this coulden't be a better bike to try it on incase i fail. And worse comes to worse i have to send it out and then you can give me a big ol "told you so" because 99% of the time i end up doing what you said to do in the first place :smirk:

t
If it was an important bike i would try but it just to have fun and something to do while putting it back together. From what i've read alot of people do it themselves and this coulden't be a better bike to try it on incase i fail. And worse comes to worse i have to send it out and then you can give me a big ol "told you so" because 99% of the time i end up doing what you said to do in the first place :smirk:

True...

I've never redid one. I'd say go for it, like you said its basically just a project bike :noidea:
Yeah the only reason i have it really is to tinker with and something to ride around the pits if i ever finish. so..
35u5ic.jpg