The Guns Thread

James

Staff member
I usually dont do this but there are some nice pieces in this thread so I thought I would throw mine in. Here is my everyday carry piece. Glock 30 SF. If I am going to be at the shop alone I carry the 21 mag in it which gives me a couple extra rounds.

I have taken a couple shooting class and concealed shooting classes. From those classes I have learned that I will NOT carry a gun that has a mechanical safety. One more step in the draw that is already super complicated. I might post more of my stuff later.

View attachment 9470
One of the main reasons I own Glocks :thumb:

For the record all my Glocks are in hard holsters.

i own a glock but i perfer my kimber 1911 or the smith and wesson M&P. i just dont like the grib or the trigger on the glocks very much.

I have a 1911 Smith and Wesson. It is an awesome gun its like a Cadillac of guns. Super smooth, slim, super reliable, but it will not shoot cheap ammo. Just wont do it. Also has issues with certain carry ammo as well. This is why I carry glocks and keep one loaded at the house because I know no matter what something is coming out of the business end every time I pull the trigger. Yah it doesn't fit my hand great and yeah the trigger pull is a little sloppy but I know it will get the job done, and at the end of the day that is all I care about.

I have a 1911 Smith and Wesson. It is an awesome gun its like a Cadillac of guns. Super smooth, slim, super reliable, but it will not shoot cheap ammo. Just wont do it. Also has issues with certain carry ammo as well. This is why I carry glocks and keep one loaded at the house because I know no matter what something is coming out of the business end every time I pull the trigger. Yah it doesn't fit my hand great and yeah the trigger pull is a little sloppy but I know it will get the job done, and at the end of the day that is all I care about.
ya i bought mine and my mom shot it and went out and bought a pro-carry. she came back to me a couple weeks later saying that her gun wouldnt cycle correctly, also it wouldnt chamber correctly, it was because of cheap ammo. no i understand like i said i own a glock im trying to go onto lapd and i would trust my life to a glock but i personaly just dont like to shoot them very much. they're not just my choice of gun thats all. ya i have an glock 22.

James

Staff member
Thinking about getting a handgun. What's pretty cheap and reliable? Revolver? Semi-auto?
If you're looking for a semi-auto that will fire in practically all conditions, get a Glock. Plus if you have the option also get the night sights, you'll thank me later.

SRAD97750

Staff member
Interesting. How much do these types of guns cost at a gun store or gun show? Is it easy to get ripped off at a gun show?

I would go on www.armslist.com and buy from there. I'm not sure of the Cali rules and regulations regarding private gun sales.

There are plenty of great guns. Glocks aint the only thing out there!

1911's, Smith and Wesson M&Ps, Ruger SR40c/SR9c, etc etc