Amatuer The Final Overture-NHHA Round 7, Spangler

:( I missed it by 3 points. I'm a bit bummed, but I still feel a bit proud of the year, I loaded up a pick up, raced one of the most prestigious and challenging race series in the states far from home against some of the best up and coming racers in their back yard and came away with 2nd for the year. Not too shabby for a ginger kid from the rez if I do say so myself.

P.S If any of you go to the joint in randsberg liz and I have a dollar up on the wall that we both signed, snap a pic of it :smirk:
You definitely have a lot to be proud of. Second place isn’t too shabby, especially for your first time racing the series. :thumb:

Oh, yeah, now I need to get back out to The Joint and find your dollar. :cheers:

Last edited:
You definitely have a lot to be proud of. Second place isn’t too shabby, especially for your first time racing the series. :thumb:

Oh, yeah, now I need to get back out to The Joint and find your dollar. :cheers:
make sure you snap a pic, liz left a couple of her baja mini plates (722x) there as well, snap pics, post here

I call him uncle mikey, he's that weird really obscene dude that follows me everywhere that I never asked for, but even if we give each other a ton of shit is one of my favorite people :cheers:

You left out intuitive and sensual. :smirk:
You is alright Kidd.

Good work Sean. Mike has to be a proud papa.
I also forgot to tell you thank you, even if nothing ever came of it, I appreciate you willing to help me with a yz2-fiddy when yz450#1 was stolen, it means a lot to me, more than I think will ever show through words on a computer screen.
I may yet buy a yz250 from you someday, as I do want one (even if as a racer I defend the 4t as a better bike, I'm not that simple) and since I'm going to shell out the money for one of those when they continue to climb price wise online, I might as well get one thats done right and not one that was used to herd sheep

You are very welcome. I’ll have one most likely as I have the 2 in the garage in AZ that need to be assembled, and the 325 I am building in CA at the moment. Not sure when I’ll get to the ones in AZ as it seams to be harmed to get there and live at the moment.

Cool video. The best part was no kTm's
to me the best part is that a legend that disappeared for 9 years came back to win it, on his terms, on a bike you or I could have built or bought.
I thought it then and I think it now, as far as natural talent in off road: Kendall Norman is top of the list.

Oh sure Norman’s championship is a huge win but as for the video I stand by my statement. The wheel tap in the whoop was pretty cool.
actually, I dont know what beef I have with kTm really, I’ve never owned one or been run over by one.. been passed by a lot of them though maybe that’s it. at least one of them had a license plate that’s embarrassing..
Fk that dust you sand people are Sadists. Congrats again on the series, I wish I had the juice to go back racing but I’ll have to live it through your reports so keep em coming :thumb: nice job

Oh sure Norman’s championship is a huge win but as for the video I stand by my statement. The wheel tap in the whoop was pretty cool.
actually, I dont know what beef I have with kTm really, I’ve never owned one or been run over by one.. been passed by a lot of them though maybe that’s it. at least one of them had a license plate that’s embarrassing..
Fk that dust you sand people are Sadists. Congrats again on the series, I wish I had the juice to go back racing but I’ll have to live it through your reports so keep em coming :thumb: nice job
CDA once said the same thing, and to me, that means a lot, I'll be 28 by the end of the year, so its very possible that my best years as an athlete are already behind me, but, when people get excited about me racing, and this was no where more apparent when I returned to my hometown after moving, having all the locals asking me how I was doing, what NHHA was like, what I was going to race next, if i had another title in me and what not, its mind blowing, I am no kendall norman, or chad reed, or anybody who could even be considered fast on a dirt bike, but it appears that in all the mistakes that I've made in life, all the missed opportunities, I have gained a family thats rooting for me at every turn, and its true, someday, hopefully far off in the future, I will hang up the helmet (again, I did technically call it quits 2 years ago) and quit racing entirely, but this sport, in particular desert racing, will always be in my blood. It has given me, especially this year, the best parts of my life, irregardless of how anything else turns out, friends, memories, and none that I cherish more than the time I've been able to spend with Liz chasing NHHA, the crazy hours driving long distance to CA, NV, UT (I may eventually live in one of those states), everything I've given her to try and help her conquer baja, its all worth it, and I'd do it all again. Because this sport, her, and everything that comes with it, the heartbreak, the frustration with shit you can't change, its who I am, and I type this like I"m some big shot, I'm not, I'm just a kid who used to ride a really old wr250f around out alone in the desert dreaming of possibly having a shot at doing the races I'm doing now.

To everyone here that even just types a positive message and says they enjoy reading about what I do, I appreciate you all more than I'll ever emotionally show, trust me, it matters to me, and I want to race nhha next year, and provided the world doesn't end, I'll be there, that curly headed ginger fuck from a town most of these cali guys have never heard of, and have at best passed through once or twice, I'll be there, and I will give what I always do, everything I have in me.

as far as whats next, baja has been a dream of mine forever, I'll make it happen, eventually, one way or another.

I had no idea you were doing any of this since ive been gone Sean, but if good comments help you ill write 100 brother. You're living the dream, got out of that junkyard, and got a nice girl there. I don't think you would have asked for anything more when we used to shoot the shit on here 4 or so years ago. Keep it up man, you give us all hope