The DBA TDay Ride Report

Now you just need to get a bike to match that awesome KTM Orange helmet :prof:

THAT'S why I bought the helmet I have because it has various colors in it...RED, (to match my new Husky...), Orange for the KTM if I don't get the Husky, White (goes with anything), black.....:devil:...to match my current Husky's color scheme...sorry, no blue or green! I had to stop somewhere...:P

THAT'S why I bought the helmet I have because it has various colors in it...RED, (to match my new Husky...), Orange for the KTM if I don't get the Husky, White (goes with anything), black.....:devil:...to match my current Husky's color scheme...sorry, no blue or green! I had to stop somewhere...:P

what no yellow?:naughty:

The desert beckons, especially with the deluge we have had after 3 days of rain.:P:wave:

I'll bet the face of the desert has changed quit a bit after all this rain. I was watching some cool desert flooding videos. I can imagine that you have to be careful after a rain like that as there would be new washouts and ditches that would swallow a bike.

I'll bet the face of the desert has changed quit a bit after all this rain. I was watching some cool desert flooding videos. I can imagine that you have to be careful after a rain like that as there would be new washouts and ditches that would swallow a bike.
That is true. Look at the hills that run down into the valley, specifically out toward Teagle wash area, that valley can take you out quick. This is why you do not look at the cool stickers on your front fender or the ones on the guy's back fender your following. Head up looking as far out in front as possible.....Ride Safe.:prof:

These are a recipe for a broken arm or wrist on these damn ditches and washouts.:prof:

While storms like this one can certainly change things around and create massive gullies, the summer storms usually do most of the damage. It's all about the rate the rain is falling. So far the rates have been mostly pretty low. Yea water will pool and streams will start flowing. It's the downpours that really move the rocks and dirt around. The summer monsoon storms are the ones that get the 2 or even 4 or more inches per hour. That's what does it.

One thing to remember. When in doubt gas it. I found a good three feet wide six foot deep washout last September near Red Mountain while riding solo at night. I pinned it and sailed right over that obstacle without a soil sample. I stopped and waited until the shaking stopped before continuing. I rode a bit slower after that find.

While storms like this one can certainly change things around and create massive gullies, the summer storms usually do most of the damage. It's all about the rate the rain is falling. So far the rates have been mostly pretty low. Yea water will pool and streams will start flowing. It's the downpours that really move the rocks and dirt around. The summer monsoon storms are the ones that get the 2 or even 4 or more inches per hour. That's what does it.

One thing to remember. When in doubt gas it. I found a good three feet wide six foot deep washout last September near Red Mountain while riding solo at night. I pinned it and sailed right over that obstacle without a soil sample. I stopped and waited until the shaking stopped before continuing. I rode a bit slower after that find.

Whilst your are correct with summer being the worst in terms of rainfall rates, this storm when all done, will rate high on history's worst in terms of rainfall. Some spots in the Sierra's and local mountains have seen rain measured in feet, with the highest totals approaching 2 feet. YES 24 inches of rain.:shocked: Deserts have only seen 3-5 inches but are currently seeing the worst of it now with more coming today. It will be interesting to see what has transpired out there.:devil:

Also, Redrock Randsburg Rd. and Garlock Rd. are out of commission for those going out soon. Check road conditions before you leave home.:thumb:

Whilst your are correct with summer being the worst in terms of rainfall rates, this storm when all done, will rate high on history's worst in terms of rainfall. Some spots in the Sierra's and local mountains have seen rain measured in feet, with the highest totals approaching 2 feet. YES 24 inches of rain.:shocked: Deserts have only seen 3-5 inches but are currently seeing the worst of it now with more coming today. It will be interesting to see what has transpired out there.:devil:

Also, Redrock Randsburg Rd. and Garlock Rd. are out of commission for those going out soon. Check road conditions before you leave home.:thumb:

I know that Old Woman Springs floods pretty bad.....about 1/2 way from Bear Valley to Means there's a spot that it stands across the highway.....I can only assume it'll be a mess today!

The spot that I normally ride has already received 56 inches of rainfall. That's over four and half feet. The season normal for the area right now is only 22 inches.