The Bass Lake 250 07-10-2010 & 07-11-2010

Yup - Twas I on the Mighty TW200. I have to say that beside the couple problems with the Main Jet Clogging (New to me bike and the first trip on it) the bike did really well. It had the power to pull my 6'4", 250lb Lard A$$ up (and down) all the Hard Ways and made it through all the mud pits / water crossings. Riding that long and hard on a bike with about 4" or suspension does beat you up pretty bad through. And as I learned the hard way, the stock front tire Really Sucks!! In fact that one Pic of me standing next to the bike was the result of a front end washout while standing on the pegs doing about 25 mph. I slid nicely along the trail and got up quick enough to avoid the dreaded "Dirt Nap" picture!!

Can't wait to go ride this area again with my "Real" bike! :P

Here is a detailed (read LONG) ride report I put up on another site:

http://www.thumpertalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=906234

Let me know when you want to come up and ride :thumb:

Yup - Twas I on the Mighty TW200. I have to say that beside the couple problems with the Main Jet Clogging (New to me bike and the first trip on it) the bike did really well. It had the power to pull my 6'4", 250lb Lard A$$ up (and down) all the Hard Ways and made it through all the mud pits / water crossings. Riding that long and hard on a bike with about 4" or suspension does beat you up pretty bad through. And as I learned the hard way, the stock front tire Really Sucks!! In fact that one Pic of me standing next to the bike was the result of a front end washout while standing on the pegs doing about 25 mph. I slid nicely along the trail and got up quick enough to avoid the dreaded "Dirt Nap" picture!!

Can't wait to go ride this area again with my "Real" bike! :P

Here is a detailed (read LONG) ride report I put up on another site:

http://www.thumpertalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=906234

thanks for the warning on the bikes downfalls lol, is it decent as a dual sport? or does it suck on the road too?

thanks for the warning on the bikes downfalls lol, is it decent as a dual sport? or does it suck on the road too?

It actually rocks on the road. Those big tires really grip and it is much more stable than my Husky for sure. Top speed is lacking (depending on gearing of course) but I was able to pull away from the KTMs in the twisties. With a little tail wind and heading slightly down hill I hit a max speed of 64 mph and it still had a little more in her!!

Thanks for coming up to our neck of the woods. We have a lot of great trails, unfortunatley the FS is planning on closing a lot of them. The Stewards are fighting this of course. The very first picture is my house where we staged out of at the July ride. The Oct ride we staged out of the Elks Lodge in Oakhurst. Hundreds of miles of trails.