Testing A Two-Stroke?

So I see guys hammering this compression Check. Is this a way to figure the condition of your two stroke? Is this how you know its time or getting close to a rebuild?

So I see guys hammering this compression Check. Is this a way to figure the condition of your two stroke? Is this how you know its time or getting close to a rebuild?

It's a good gauge on how tired your top end might be. you 1st have to know what the PSI should be with a new topend and fresh cylinder. your manual might give you the PSI for your bike. I know my Factory Suzuki manuals don't.

u can take to to a shop and have a comp test and leak down done for 50 bucks which can save u A LOT of money in the long run i had to buy a cylinder for my rm 250 and retail is 400 + piston rings rist pin bearing, $50 is well worth it to me to see if your going to have to spend even more money. him sleeving it tells me either he ran bad oil, ran it hard, or didnt change the top end wen he needed to. i run my race bikes at 50:1 normal is 40:1