Teraflex tires

SRAD97750

Staff member
I buy Phillip Lockhart products for my bikes, even though they say, NON DOT on the packaging.
But they provide the same or better lighting as stock. -BIG DAN:thumb:

What makes LED non DOT 101?
LED lights have to have same color (backing or lens) to be DOT, brake has to be red and TS has to be amber.
Then there is the DOT approvals. However, you will not be questioned by Mr. LEO if they have the right color in LED or other.
This I discussed with my CHP friend I ride with occasionally.

I got the D606 for christmas (thanks brother :smirk:) . Been on 3 rides so far and am liking it alot. Works great in fast pace desert runs and this past weekend I put it to the test in the sloppy thick snow melted mud trails up at Gorman. Gripped great like a knobby. And it even helped up good in the snow. +1 on the D606.

Ok thanks to all your guys help I've got tires and turn signals covered. Any thoughts on a new headlight? Also I want to replace most of the plastic panels and fenders. Does anyone have a good source for either new or used plastic?

Ok thanks to all your guys help I've got tires and turn signals covered. Any thoughts on a new headlight? Also I want to replace most of the plastic panels and fenders. Does anyone have a good source for either new or used plastic?

The headlight is actually pretty decent for a dirt bike. If you want more light just get a brighter bulb. There are several options.

If the existing one is beat up consider the Baja Designs DOT headlight. More or less the same style as the stocker.

http://www.bajadesigns.com/products/motorcycle-products/motorcycle-headlights

6010984R.jpg

Do you like that over the d606 tires?

The mt43 is a trials tire that was made for dirtbikes and dual sports(DOT).I have one that I run on my ktm200 for certain occasions. It is STICKY offroad, and wears like iron. I have never ran the D606. Trials tires have a feel of their own though. I can only recommend the mt43 for the real BTW.

The mt43 is a trials tire that was made for dirtbikes and dual sports(DOT).I have one that I run on my ktm200 for certain occasions. It is STICKY offroad, and wears like iron. I have never ran the D606. Trials tires have a feel of their own though. I can only recommend the mt43 for the real BTW.

Please excuse my ignorance but your using the term “trials tire“ is that just a spell check issue for trail tire?

Slippery on the Tarmac, 1000 miles max life, cheap tire for the budget minded. Anything over 350CC will put them to a short grave. Anything under the will stretch the chain, eat the the gears and wear the internals in the first 300 miles.

Also Palmer you posted this earlier in the thread. How much does engine size/power matter in tire selection? I mean if were only talking a few hundred miles difference in fine with that, but if the same tire on a 250 vs a 650 is going to be 1000+ miles different???