All Tarantula Hawks And Tarantulas

remember MTBing and me making you take this pic of me?
15ck7eu.jpg

:lol: i can still remember you saying keep that SOAB away from me.
wow you look skinny in that pic and yes i do remember and would say the same thing today cuz it still freaks me out:shocked: :eek:

James

Staff member
Just a FYI, if you ever see me running as fast as possible while looking/swatting over my shoulder. There's a bee or wasp after me and I'd prefer not to die, seriously. :pout:

Just a FYI, if you ever see me running as fast as possible while looking/swatting over my shoulder. There's a bee or wasp after me and I'd prefer not to die, seriously. :pout:

You better bring something to the desert with you to treat any insect bites you get! I have spent enough time in the ER at Ridgecrest, once is enough.

a wasp. that eats tarantulas? i'm staying the hell away from california. :shocked:

Actually, no. The wasp lays its eggs on the tarantula and the larvae eat the tarantula after they hatch.

This thread reminded me that I forgot to put this little bug back out in the weeds somewhere:
59ea501e.jpg

5a81aafd.jpg

I found it in the throes of death a few weeks ago on a bike ride. The whole body is iridescent black; my camera doesn't do it justice.

I also found this little one in the house earlier today:
7038ec7b.jpg

I love macro photography. :)