Suzuki RM 250

I just picked up a 1985 RM 250 and was wondering what type of upgrades I can do to it and when I go to start it and ride it's not hitting the power band what Could cause this I've cleaned the carb and about to put a new spark plug in thanks

If you are new to performance issues, one of the best diagnostics and first things to tell someone when you are asking advice is what the spark plug looks like. a picture is good, description of what you really see is very nice.

I owned an 85, some would tell you it was the first wide ratio rm built. I know the engine pretty well and built it in a few different sizes. So far all you have told me is that it doesn't run the way you think it should. So not much to go on.

Thanks guys I've replace the spark plug and it runs great now and it's got a ton of power hopefully going to restore this beast

Of course not!! two years ago I found a guy to do some work for me. young in the army and working as a diesel mechanic. I had a suspect front wheel bearing on a service truck. sent him off to get a seal and bearings so he could take the wheel and hub off and inspect it. he was gone when I got back from a service run. the bearings and the seal was still on the dash. sent him a text and he sent back, "i tightened it since it felt loose, then it was fine".

Of course not!! two years ago I found a guy to do some work for me. young in the army and working as a diesel mechanic. I had a suspect front wheel bearing on a service truck. sent him off to get a seal and bearings so he could take the wheel and hub off and inspect it. he was gone when I got back from a service run. the bearings and the seal was still on the dash. sent him a text and he sent back, "i tightened it since it felt loose, then it was fine".

I love stuff like that. My kid will send me a text like" I'm home where are you right now, in the basement?"