Suzuki build thread- project bike

It does start but I have to give it a little throttle to start. It has to have the throttle keep twisting or it will slowly shut off.

I am going to type this in capital letters. I'm not yelling, you just need to understand.

GET A SERVICE MANUAL!
In it you will find exploded parts diagram of the carb. You will be able to see what parts are kissing or broken if any. The service manual will also be able to tell you how to check your reeds and replace them. It will also help you diagnose your issue.
So in case you missed the point.
GET A SERVICE MANUAL. It will help you fix your bike.
I am trying to help but I can't if you don't provide accurate descriptions and information. So please help me help you!

Haha I'll see! Only reason I don't want to get one is because I might be selling the bike soon. This was just a fun project I decided to do! I might keep it or might not im still thinking on it.

Haha I'll see! Only reason I don't want to get one is because I might be selling the bike soon. This was just a fun project I decided to do! I might keep it or might not im still thinking on it.

This is where I bought my manual....instant downlaod and you can even burn it to a disc..... here is the manual for your bike for only $9.45 if you decide to buy one.... page for page it's the same exact thing as you get when you buy the "paper book"....

https://www.tradebit.com/filedetail.php/277569821-1981-1982-1983-1984-2000-suzuki-ds80-service

Last edited:
Wow just looking back on my first dirt bike I had and first thread... Within those months I've learned so much more and had lots more bikes. I'm about to do my first bottom end rebuild. Looking at this I can't believe how much I didn't know! Still can't believe I pretty much got that yz250f for $150 like that!!