Pro Supercross and Supercross Lites to be no more!

James

Staff member
According to the latest AMA Racing Competition Bulletin:

Supercross is now 450SX™
Supercross Lites is now 250SX™

Finally no more of this confusing "Lites" crap, however wouldn't SX1 and SX2 have made more sense?

Another major change is the maximum sound test limit being lowered 3 dB/A.
Link to bulletin (PDF)

According to the latest AMA Racing Competition Bulletin:

Supercross is now 450SX™
Supercross Lites is now 250SX™

Finally no more of this confusing "Lites" crap, however wouldn't SX1 and SX2 have made more sense?

Another major change is the maximum sound test limit being lowered 3 dB/A.
Link to bulletin (PDF)

Wanna see better racing? bring back 250 and 125 2t's only....

James

Staff member
Its more better!
:lol: That didn't answer the question. Please tell me how 2 strokes provide for better racing? Granted they may be more fun to ride/race but how does that make the racing better (as a spectator)?

:lol: That didn't answer the question. Please tell me how 2 strokes provide for better racing? Granted they may be more fun to ride/race but how does that make the racing better (as a spectator)?

Its way more fun to watch, The decibals are way more tolerable and you can actually hear the riders shift gears.... Its more better

How would that bring better racing?

I think it was better racing because the bikes didn't make so much power and the riders had to actually ride them. There was more finesse involved. I think the bikes are to fast and to good now that they can soak up whatever the track builders throw at them. but the speed has gone up so much that if the track builders build a technical track somebody gets hurt and everybody complains.