Sun in the Face (Glare)

Having clean goggles helps a lot. Somehow at sunset my goggles are never clean. Putting the visor down can help. Other than that suck it up and ride.

The condition Kyle describes is bad. Been there done that.

Sometimes if I'm out in the dez and the sun is dead ahead I'll stop and let the sun go down. Nothing like a straight trail with the sun going down dead ahead. You can't see anything.

Not sure I am seeing your issue James. You are riding on a track that you know all too well and have hit many laps on. You should be hitting the jump the same way every time and whether the sun is in your face or not it should not matter (another reason I just cannot get into track riding, it just gets boring to me hit the same line over and over).

Now for riding in my world when you have no idea what is on the other side of that horizon, I jump between a Dark Smoked lens or an Iridium lens. I only wear clear when riding at night.

Not sure I am seeing your issue James. You are riding on a track that you know all too well and have hit many laps on. You should be hitting the jump the same way every time and whether the sun is in your face or not it should not matter (another reason I just cannot get into track riding, it just gets boring to me hit the same line over and over).

Now for riding in my world when you have no idea what is on the other side of that horizon while going 65mph 5th gear, over whoops AND rocks...., I jump between a Dark Smoked lens or an Iridium lens. I only wear clear when riding at night.

There, I think I fixed it for ya..... :ride:..... :eek:....... :crash:

:thumb: I knew I could count on you to fix this for me...:cheers:

I AM after all a detail oriented kind of guy.... :smirk: the part about changing lenses while doing 65mph...etc etc etc... is what REALLY caught my attention... pure talent! :ride: riding...:ride:...thought of changing lenses :shocked:... :rolleyes: after changing lenses... continue riding:ride: piece of cake, right???? :smirk:

I AM after all a detail oriented kind of guy.... :smirk: the part about changing lenses while doing 65mph...etc etc etc... is what REALLY caught my attention... pure talent! :ride: riding...:ride:...thought of changing lenses :shocked:... :rolleyes: after changing lenses... continue riding:ride: piece of cake, right???? :smirk:
Doesn't everybody change lenses on the fly..:noidea:

James

Staff member
(another reason I just cannot get into track riding, it just gets boring to me hit the same line over and over).
May I suggest a different line? :smirk: :stirthepot:

No you're right though, if it wasn't for those battles with other people it would get boring. Or so I've been told, I'm still trying to ride without crashing. :pout:
Now for riding in my world when you have no idea what is on the other side of that horizon,I jump between a Dark Smoked lens or an Iridium lens. I only wear clear when riding at night.
:thumb: Thanks.

Carl pretty much sums it up for me. Clean goggles are the most important part and not having a bunch of fine scratches on the lens is important too. I ride with polarized sun glasses underneath my goggles which helps a lot as well. I have never been a fan of the yellow tinted lenses for any condition. Other than this, I just suck it up, point my visor down as far as possible and get it going.