Summit Motocross Prep/Suspension Rebuild

JYD... now you know why you should service your susp every 40hrs... Schoolboy is a good class because you'll get to ride with much faster riders.... C class is where you'll see the rewards of trying to keep pace in Schoolboy

Ydogyz...

Looks like you totally forked that up! :prof:

Looks as though your dad can manufacture any parts you need out of some good hardwood in that basement!

Good luck on your season opener! :ride:

James

Staff member
:bonk: Suspension is one thing I've never really touched, so my hat's off to you. :hail:

BTW how come you aren't doing the rear?

:bonk: Suspension is one thing I've never really touched, so my hat's off to you. :hail:

BTW how come you aren't doing the rear?
:thumb: Thanks dude, it honestly wasn't very hard at all, which was suprising. The rear shock isn't leaking or having any problems and is solid jumping and landing but my forks were gone a long time ago. I just followed the traditional "don't fix it if it's not broken" approach :lol:

James

Staff member
:thumb: Thanks dude, it honestly wasn't very hard at all, which was suprising. The rear shock isn't leaking or having any problems and is solid jumping and landing but my forks were gone a long time ago. I just followed the traditional "don't fix it if it's not broken" approach :lol:
I usually agree with that but engine and suspension work is not something I'd push off. :lol:

James

Staff member
:lol: I did look over my shock and it looks pretty healthy, I checked the linkage bearing and sag and such
I'd be concerned about the innards, especially the oil. Your rear shock gets really hot, which causes your oil to breakdown.

^also remember to greese the linkage
thanks for posting ray, looks like it may have took more work making the thred then actually doing the rebuild itself!

^also remember to greese the linkage
thanks for posting ray, looks like it may have took more work making the thred then actually doing the rebuild itself!
Pretty much tire :thumb: It was like an hour and 15 minutes on the first fork then 37 on the second with clean up.