Street Bike... What To Buy???

I hear ya!

I would take an early 70's Honda 90 cross country.

You need to get on a bike and ride somewhere for a while!

It's just me! But I know when a dude needs to getaway!

Go away! Come back later!

Go for a ride!

Just a week or two....

It clears the mind!

Awesome!

KTM%20990%20Adventure%20R%2009.%20%203.jpg

2011-KTM-990-Adventure-R-Front-in-tourng.jpg

2008-ktm-990-adventure-9w.jpg

So I decided that I want another Streetbike... problem is which one? If I could afford it I would buy three, but since I can't I need to find one that will suit my needs... I'm an MX guy and my previous street bikes were rockets and one DS... I sold the Katana 750 I had about 10yrs ago, that was a great bike... I rode a Harley Heritage all over Cali... that was a great bike and I almost rode it home... As you can see my taste is all over the place... I want something that can carve and hit the dirt roads and make that long haul as I am an adventurous person and have plans to make several cross country treks... It needs to be comfy and reliable as well.... I have no idea what is out there these days since I never did pay attention to asphalt, but lets hear your thoughts and Thanks in advance :thumb:
the yamaha fz6 or the fz1. they have the r1 and r6 engine in them. I almost got one but I ended up getting a CBR600. what is different about these bikes is the the handlebars are higher so while you cruise you are in a more netrual position which allows you to be more comfortable while riding. They are still light, can carve without any trouble, are comfortable to cruise on, and has a feel of a super sport. I have never seen a bad review over this bike.

If you want to go far and not have the pain of being bent into a pretzel then any sport type bike is out. The FZ's are kind of sport bike like so it might do if you are young and spry. I really like the V-Strom's. Kawasaki makes a somewhat similar bike called the Versys and I think Honda has gotten in on this type of bike as well.

The current KLR is capable of a lot of miles.

the yamaha fz6 or the fz1. they have the r1 and r6 engine in them. I almost got one but I ended up getting a CBR600. what is different about these bikes is the the handlebars are higher so while you cruise you are in a more netrual position which allows you to be more comfortable while riding. They are still light, can carve without any trouble, are comfortable to cruise on, and has a feel of a super sport. I have never seen a bad review over this bike.
one question, how is it on the trails? will carve the dirt roads well? I don't think he is looking for a full on street, he want a DS type.

one question, how is it on the trails? will carve the dirt roads well? I don't think he is looking for a full on street, he want a DS type.
It probobly wouldnt do to bad. It would be fun if you got on/off road tires and messed with the suspension. But, stock it would suck.