Pro Stewart's new bike...

James

Staff member
I don't get this... I don't follow bubbles ..but....

Did JGR get rid of him... Or did he get rid of JGR...

Why in the world would anyone get rid of him... I figured the fan base was worth more than wins. And i'd say hes got more fans than just about anyone, or close to it.
I was under the impression that only JGR could get out of the contract. :noidea: Fan base doesn't really matter if you aren't racing/winning.

I was under the impression that only JGR could get out of the contract. :noidea: Fan base doesn't really matter if you aren't racing/winning.
Hmm If i was them i would have put more faith behind him. It seems like they were ready to cut him quick fast and in a hurry. Doesn't give a rider much confidence.

James

Staff member
Hmm If i was them i would have put more faith behind him. It seems like they were ready to cut him quick fast and in a hurry. Doesn't give a rider much confidence.
I'm sure that there's a lot that we don't, nor ever will know about what happens behind those and other similar doors.

I'm sure that there's a lot that we don't, nor ever will know about what happens behind those and other similar doors.
:prof: I agree. Alot happens behind the garage door.
I remember when he signed JG and son talked about the extensive training and nutrition program that their riders had to follow... and If I remember correctly JS7 is qouted as saying that the only training he does is ride the bike... someone with a better computer aptitude please check on that...
I do think Milsaps is following it as his stamina has improved greatly just this SX season alone..

I am a yamaha fan, and a lot of people are pointing to the bike for the bubba's recent below his norm. performance.
and I really don't think its the bikes fault, at least not in the way people are thinking (as in the bike suffering from poor frame geometry, over heating shocks/horrid shocks) or poor ergo's. I think its something a long the lines of why Reed didn't do that hot the year he rode the kawasaki. Riders and bikes need to gel together, just because one rider does horrible on a bike doesn't make the bike horrible, I mean, DM18 did just ride the yz450f to his best SX season ever. What I feel it likely is, is just a matter of Bubba can't adapt to the yz, like Reed couldn't adapt to the 10 kx450f. Will he do better on the suzuki? It's likely, the rmz is a bit closer to what he's been riding for years, the yz is a fairly new design (I'm aware that reverse slanted cylinders have been tried in the past, none with any success) and it does handle a tad different, even a rider of my skill level can tell you that, it feels a bit different than the others, but its still very competitive.
Reed managed to make a switch that saved his career. We'll see if Stewart can do the same.

I am a yamaha fan, and a lot of people are pointing to the bike for the bubba's recent below his norm. performance.
and I really don't think its the bikes fault, at least not in the way people are thinking (as in the bike suffering from poor frame geometry, over heating shocks/horrid shocks) or poor ergo's. I think its something a long the lines of why Reed didn't do that hot the year he rode the kawasaki. Riders and bikes need to gel together, just because one rider does horrible on a bike doesn't make the bike horrible, I mean, DM18 did just ride the yz450f to his best SX season ever. What I feel it likely is, is just a matter of Bubba can't adapt to the yz, like Reed couldn't adapt to the 10 kx450f. Will he do better on the suzuki? It's likely, the yz is a bit closer to what he's been riding for years, the yz is a fairly new design (I'm aware that reverse slanted cylinders have been tried in the past, none with any success) and it does handle a tad different, even a rider of my skill level can tell you that, it feels a bit different than the others, but its still very competitive.
Reed managed to make a switch that saved his career. We'll see if Stewart can do the same.

I think you are right about riders geling with their bike and their team... Kawi wasnt a good match for Reed because of his tenacious attitude, He also never looked comfy on the bike, but that may because of the team.
Stewey didnt look so good his 1st few races on his Yammi but came back and looked fast, comfy and was giving his team a ton of feed back. Then again that was Sam Manuel... At JGR the whole group changed and maybe werent so susceptable to rider input... :noidea:

I think you are right about riders geling with their bike and their team... Kawi wasnt a good match for Reed because of his tenacious attitude, He also never looked comfy on the bike, but that may because of the team.
Stewey didnt look so good his 1st few races on his Yammi but came back and looked fast, comfy and was giving his team a ton of feed back. Then again that was Sam Manuel... At JGR the whole group changed and maybe werent so susceptable to rider input... :noidea:

I'm Yamaha through and through!! I think Bubba's biggest issue is that he's getting older and slower, and the newbies coming in are younger and faster. And the other thing is that JGR seemed to be fairly strict and ole #7 wouldn't like that. But he totally shot himself in the foot since he's looking to get into NASCAR soon....JGR was that ticket :wink:

id fuckin cut him too..... think about the risk with that guy. he crashes gnarly a lot. jsut think of how much they pay just so he can do promotions when he is hurt... pretty penny i bet.