Pro Stewart's new bike...

James

Staff member
:lol: Gotta admit though that whoever made it did a pretty good job (I guess that means it wasn't BK :smirk:).

3866_22_reed_bike_stand_test_600.jpg

380652_10150800470442697_49872582696_9532471_1779926681_n-jpg.7881

It's Official: Stewart Joins Yoshimura Suzuki

James Stewart to ride 2012 outdoor Naitonals

As pretty much expected, James Stewart has signed with the Yoshimura Suzuki factory motocross team. Suzuki made the official announcement this morning. Stewart signed a multi-year deal that will see the two-time Supercross and former 125 and 450 National MX Champion compete in both the AMA Pro Motocross and Supercross Championships, starting with the 2012 outdoor series at Hangtown in Sacramento, California, in two weeks.
Stewart_action_500.jpg
James Stewart on his new Yoshimura Suzuki RM-Z450.
The announcement from Suzuki comes a day after the Toyota/JGRMX Yamaha team announced that it and Stewart had officially parted ways after what ended up being a rough and short stint with the JGRMX team. At the end of 2011, Stewart joined the JGRMX team for what was supposed to have been a multi-year marriage. Less than expected results, crashes and being unable to come to terms with his race bike are rumored to have been some of the main issues regarding the Stewart/JGRMX split.
It's also clear that Stewart has already been riding and testing on the Suzuki.
"I'm really looking forward to joining the team," Stewart said in the release from Suzuki. "It's been a pleasure to get to test with these guys and meet the team. I'm very excited - I love the bike. Ever since I rode it from day one, I knew it was a great opportunity for me to come out and showcase my talent. With Mike Webb as the team manager and Don [Sakakura], the President of Yoshimura Racing - it's been great what they've been doing. The whole team is phenomenal. We're all excited to get the ball rolling and see what we can do over the next few years. I just want to thank everyone at Yoshimura and American Suzuki for giving me this opportunity."
stewart_500.jpg
Stewart will compete in the 2012 outdoor Nationals.
"James is a great addition to our team," Sakakura said. "He is an amazing rider and gifted athlete and we feel very fortunate to have him join Yoshimura Suzuki. We will do everything possible to help ensure his and the team's success."
The release added that long-time Suzuki mechanic Lee McCollum will be his tuner.
Webb said, "We feel very confident we can provide him with the equipment that he needs to ride to his capability. We're working hard right now, though we don't have a lot of time, but we're very focused on getting ready for Hangtown and we're definitely looking forward to the opener."