Central Steward Of The Sierra - Central California Dual Sport Ride - October 13 & 14, 2012

I am not sure if I should go on this ride or go on the Geek ride the next weekend or do both. :thinking: Oh wait, I just realized I am out of town both those weekends on a road trip with the wife.

No worries. CDA and I will represent DBA.

Speaking of DBA. James, can you send some SWAG to these guys? At least send the 100 stickers for their rider packets. Maybe get notoil to add too.

Just received the following email postponing this event until July 2013.

See below................................

Stewards of the Sierra National Forest
4th Annual
Membership Drive, BBQ Fundraiser
&
Optional Dual Sport Adventure
Elks Lodge in Oakhurst California
October 13 & 14 2012

Temporarily Postponed Till July 2013
Due to Record Setting Heat
and
Extreme Dangerous Fire Conditions

Just a quick note to say Thank You to all of you who have already signed up for the Stewards of the Sierra National Forest 4th Annual Membership Drive, BBQ Fundraiser, and Optional Dual Sport Adventure that was scheduled to be held in Oakhurst California on October 13-14, 2012 at the Oakhurst Elks Lodge.

Due to the Record Setting High Temperatures in September and now going into October with no chance of rain in sight we felt it would be better to postpone the event to a later date in 2013 when better ground conditions exist. Because of the extreme late intense heat and tinder dry conditions the Sierra National Forest has issued an EXTREME FIRE DANGER ALERT for the Sierra National Forest. We have not had any rain and the ground conditions for our Optional Dual Sport Adventure would be extremely dusty.

I would like to personally apologize to all of you for any inconvenience this date change may cause. For those of you who have sent in your registration forms and donations we have not deposited any of your donations yet. I will be contacting each and every one of you personally to see how you would like your donation to be handled. We do ask you to consider leaving the donation in place to help the Stewards keep your favorite roads and trails open for you and your families enjoyment. If this is not possible we will be more than happy to send it back.

Thank You in advance for your understanding in the date change due to the conditions on the ground and for all of your public support in helping to keep Public Lands Open To The Public Not From The Public.

Thanks for your support.
Mike Wubbels
Executive Director
Stewards of the Sierra National Forest
2011 National Volunteer Trail Group of the Year
USDA/USFS
www.sotsnf.org
info@sotsnf.org

Just when Rez and I were ready to join up and show you young punks how to ride! Oh well, I am sure we can do it another time. Guess I have to give Rez his money back. :smirk: