Squeaky Brakes

SRAD97750

Staff member
Pretty much.
Mine didn't squeak or lose performance until I had already worn completely through one side. Had to ride the rest of the day with just the rear brake!

James

Staff member
Pretty much.
Mine didn't squeak or lose performance until I had already worn completely through one side. Had to ride the rest of the day with just the rear brake!
BTW this is on my truck, this thread is in the truck/vehicle section. :P

Oh and whoever tighten those lugs down last, made them SUPER tight, I had to use a 1" impact to knock them loose. :bonk:

My brakes were toast on my car! The pads wore grooves into the rotors! It was noisy and ugly as hell! I just took the wheels off and greased the rotors with some good Bel-Ray waterproof blue grease! Done deal! F yeah! We should make a sticky for this! :thumb:

James

Staff member
My brakes were toast on my car! The pads wore grooves into the rotors! It was noisy and ugly as hell! I just took the wheels off and greased the rotors with some good Bel-Ray waterproof blue grease! Done deal! F yeah! We should make a sticky for this! :thumb:
:shocked: So instead of fixing the problem (replacing the worn out parts) you just applied some grease to get rid of the squeak? Plus wouldn't grease offset what little the brakes are still able to do?

:shocked: So instead of fixing the problem (replacing the worn out parts) you just applied some grease to get rid of the squeak? Plus wouldn't grease offset what little the brakes are still able to do?

:lol: I've got snot coming out of my nose and tears from my eyes! I actually made a snorting sound while laughing! And I farted! :lol:
:lol:

Jimmy Jim James, just busting your stones! :thumb: Nobody greases rotors! :lol: I did fix the problem with a better sound system and roping old tires around my car!

Always keep them really clean too! I sand my with fine grit paper ever couple practice/rides to get the crap off of them, then wipe them in race fuel to get the remainder. Let em dry and put em back in :prof: You get supior braking!

James

Staff member
Ha ha. I didn't notice. What did the replacement rotors and pads cost you for that truck? -BIG DAN
Retail is $300 something, however my cuz got me the hookup (a car dealer). :thumb:
Always keep them really clean too! I sand my with fine grit paper ever couple practice/rides to get the crap off of them, then wipe them in race fuel to get the remainder. Let em dry and put em back in :prof: You get supior braking!
:lol: I'll say it again, we're talking about TRUCK/car brakes and not dirt bike, look at which section this thread is in. :P

James

Staff member
:lol: I've got snot coming out of my nose and tears from my eyes! I actually made a snorting sound while laughing! And I farted! :lol:
:lol:

Jimmy Jim James, just busting your stones! :thumb: Nobody greases rotors! :lol: I did fix the problem with a better sound system and roping old tires around my car!
I figured as much but wouldn't put it past you. :P

Unfortunately mine were worse then that, I had gone all the way to the bracket that holds the pad on. But luckily my rotors weren't worn in any way.

James

Staff member
Unfortunately mine were worse then that, I had gone all the way to the bracket that holds the pad on. But luckily my rotors weren't worn in any way.
:lol: Yeah the one pictured was pretty close to that, it had worn grooves into the rotor though. I decided to just replace everything. :thumb:
Since when did you have truck!?!?! :noidea:
:confused: I've always had a truck.

Oh James, that aint nothing! :smirk:

Here's the brakes I changed on my Dad's Trailblazer a few months ago. Let's just say, he likes to use everything until they cant be used no more.

Here's the left side front pad.
brakepad.jpg

And here's the left side front rotor. You can see how gnarly the groves are kinda.
rotor.jpg

He also tore his left front brake piston boot. So we need to get a new caliper eventually.